hi

hi

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

at pnca we call it moving image arts, not animation




OH MY GOD I'M TIRED! GETTING OUT AT 9PM MAKES ME TIRED!

Animation! Animation is awesome! They added another section at the same time so the whole class is 30 strong and there are some cool people in there. Tippy (was previously known as Raquel) and Matthew Seely are in it. We are taught by Rose Bond and Anouck. Anouk? One of those spellings. I'm really excited. We did some get to know you questions. There is a Swedish exchange student named Andrin and a guy named Kelly with a Don't Panic tattoo. Awesome! We got a lecture on animation and looked at some Winsor McCay stuff. I got a burrito for lunch because I knew I would need a dinner as well.

After lunch the groups divided and we read through some stuff with Rose and discussed it and then swapped over and learned about Lunchbox and some animation basics. First assignment is a bouncing ball, falling feather, and falling sack of flour animation. Real simple. Did it before in Time Arts. Got a good start on it during class.

Karen and I made a quick run to Fred Meyer's for paint. The gallons were on sale so I picked out a nice teal color. It was mixed a bit light, but it should still look good. A nice teal studio. Picked up some color coded stuff for my keys and a nerf shotgun for 9.99. A good deal considering it is double barreled. I arrived at class right on time.

Advance Studio taught by Kristin something something. Editor for Bitch Magazine and Bear Deluxe. And generally really cool. We talked about things we would want from the class and the syllabus and introduced ourselves a little. During break I played with my nerf. So much fun! We got our new assignment and the run down for the EXTENSIVE stuff we will be doing. Lots of stuff. Thankfully I have enough time to keep on track of it.

Dropped the paint off at my studio, and speaking of my studio: I now store my bike in it! No more exposure to the elements. And no fear of missing tires. This weekend, Karen and I will paint paint paint away. But now: sleep. I'm so very tired.

No comments: