hi

hi

Monday, August 23, 2010

entourage of ladies

My leg keeps on weeping. It's gross. But it is almost all on its way to scab town. The skin is less sensitive and hurts when I move it around and out of its healing position. Namely when it gets crinkled up when I extend my leg. All this leg talk I'm sure isn't making for good reading, but not much else is going on these days.

I slept in and then with like 20 minutes to spare before Tabitha picked us up, Kristen and I got ready to accompany Mel on her tattoo getting expedition. We hopped in the car and off we went to Sam's house. Sam went to PNCA but I never met her. She has a little personal tattoo business. All sanitized and hygienic with new needles and stuff. Maybe not certified, but she knows her stuff I guess. Anyway, Mel was there to get a tattoo of Russian nesting dolls that represent her family. She designed it, and it had a little frame around the portrait of dolls. Tabitha, Kristen, and I took turns holding her hand. She didn't squeeze too hard, she probably just wanted the option. Kris and Tab read from a Hodgman book. We were there a total of three hours, but the set up time was lengthy so it probably only took about two to tattoo. Just a straight up black ink tattoo. It looks really good. It is on the inside of her left arm. It was fun to hang out and provide support. Afterwards we went to Hot Cakes & something something. I got hashbrowns and bacon and toast and a scrambled egg. Mmmm! Fried food. We talked girly things and then went to the Clackamas Town Center mall. Kristen and I hit up the Macy's clearance rack. Well mostly Kristen, I just checked out what they had because I was there. We were shopping for unmentionables. I found a great 12.99 markdown from like...$36! And some other unmentionables that were two bucks instead of seven. Kristen was having a lot more trouble and needed girly support to get her through the trials of changing rooms.

I still can't wear pants so my poor friends had to look at my nasty healing leg. It is pretty bright red. No children in the mall stared at it, but if I did I would have pretended to be a zombie or something. We drove back and chilled out at our apartment for a bit, before Tabitha and Kristen left to record some music and Mel went home. Now it is my turn for emotional support! We went to Tab's play, Mel's tattoo, and Kristen's shopping. I don't think I have anything coming up though.

True Blood was a good transitional episode. Mad Men crammed a lot of content into its short time frame.

I want my leg to be better! This seems like it will take far too long to heal.

No comments: