hi

hi

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

crusty be gone!


This Aquafore is working miracles. My leg is staying super hydrated and it hurts a lot less to move. That could be part of the healing process, but once I started using it, it just stopped hurting. Soft flexible skin is good to have. And the crusty bits around the edges are coming off. The Aquafore really makes the scab parts soft and they flake off a lot better. The skin is red and shiny, and is obviously a little scarred. But that should fade. It's only been a week. And it gives me a story.

The cute cashier in Trader Joe's asked me how I got that in a general, understanding but not "awww poor you" way. Obviously he had hit the pavement a couple times as well. We chatted about the healing process. I love Trader Joe's! 25 bucks gets you beef, apples, bananas, juice, tortillas, dried mango slices, mochi ice cream, and a bunch of other stuff! And their prices stay the same and you don't have to fight selection! It is great. And for being hungry I didn't leave with tons of snack items. Cooked myself up some beef, threw that on a tortilla with spinach and cheese and ate that right up. Yum yum! I'm going to try to make a beef scramble tomorrow morning. I want to be more proactive about cooking real meals.

It was hot hot hooot. I only left to get dinner fixings. Spent a lot of time chilling and being not sweaty. And also looking at my leg. HEAL! When I first hit the pavement, I didn't expect it to be like this. I thought it was going to be a scrape that will scab and be gone in a week. When I started cleaning it and saw how much skin was gone, yeah...

But look how much better it is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is starting to look like a medical textbook. But I am glad the healing is commencing and you found a good remedy. You are so lucky to live just down the street from Trader Joe's, too. xoxomum