hi

hi

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

freight elevators are fun!

At five I went to Downtown Self Storage to check out their spot availability. I got to ride in the fun freight elevator! I put a hold on a 5'x7' space, so once I round up help, I'll pay for a month and get moving.

Karen is helping me a little bit on Sunday. Tabitha might be able to, depending on availability. Same with Madeline. So I have one "little bit" confirmed and a couple "maybes" sort of confirmed. I'll post for help on Facebook tomorrow I guess.

Karen was at school so we hung out. Had some sushi at sushi land. I didn't have that much. Then we went to Powell's. Mary Roach's book Bonk was on sale, as was this graphic novel book that Daniel Duford highly recommended. So I picked those up. Ahg damn you Powell's. Then we sat at Hot Lips and had a soda and read. I was a little chatty though and that irked Karen.

On the way back I called Tabitha and I went over to what will be my new apartment! Her bed, which will be my bed till moving out again or something I don't know, is a queen mattress on a futon frame. Whoo, big bed! I'll have to get some sheets and stuff. There is a desk, and I can envision how I'm going to reorganize. I have a lot of shelves that need to go somewhere. There is some space though, in the living room. I don't think it will be an actual problem. It is a really nice apartment. We hung out and chatted for a good long while. It was fun.

Got back around 11ish. I realized that I can pack stuff in the empty drawers of my dresser, and just secure them with plastic wrap and move that separately. So now I have more space to pack into. Hurray!

Didn't make much progress on my packing. And now my moving into storage is delayed, which honestly sucks. I thought I was going to get help earlier in the week but due to misunderstandings of availability (mainly through not full disclosure of amount of availability) it has been pushed further back. I wanted to be out by the 10th. Sometimes I really don't like relying on other people. Though I do appreciate their help.

No comments: