hi

hi

Monday, July 5, 2010

drums, hats, and little kids

Whoo! Fourth of July! My plans with Janessa and co. fell through but I noticed Samala was having a thing so I called her and we got together. I brought some chips and wine, but anyway that is getting ahead of myself.

Had some bacon and eggs. I packed up more art supplies. Cleared out the DVDs and the bottom of my bed. I put my zines into a box. It is a lot of little things getting put away and sorted, but once I start clearing out the clutter I think I'll noticed a real change. Most of the shelves are empty. Just have to deal with the ground stuff.

Will call Karen and see about getting stuff out. It is quite exciting. I think once I get the stuff I have right now out, the move will really get into the swing of things.

So I cleared out a little more space. It was good to get my zines into a box, because they were loose and hard to categorize. I need to flatten my magazine holders. I think once I pack up the stuff on the floor, an improvement will really start to take place.

Tomorrow I am going to the notorious Monday Movie at Madeline's. Exciting! The movie is Let The Right One In.

My plans with Janessa fell through sort of (they were iffy plans to begin with) but I heard Samala was having a shindig, so I got in contact with her and then scooted over to 4th and Flanders. Her eight year old Zain was there, as well as her mom and sister, one of her drum core friends came (very soft spoken) and her sister's friend and another friend. It was a lot of fun, actually. Samala's kid is awesome. Imaginative. Her mother Alice was pretty rad. Just graduated. We wore silly hats and drummed on the rooftop garden while the sun went down. When the fire works went off we hollered the national anthem at the top of our lungs. It was fun indeed! We hung around, drank some beer and wine, chatted. Samala made delicious ham hock beans and rice and biscuits. She is rad, we need to hang out more. Her twin sister makes puppets. It was a fun excursion.

Tomorrow should be fun, and hopefully more productive.

No comments: