hi

hi

Monday, May 24, 2010

six years later...

Ahh oh my god I'm watching the Lost series finale right now and I can't stop crying. Every time the people make connections to their past and present life I start bawling. Six years I've spent avidly watching this show. Six major years in my life. Such a connection to this weird show, and now it is ending. Ahhhh!! Damn, didn't think I'd be so emotional. Sure it is just a show. I think my favorite part was Charlie and Claire.

*****

Normally I wake up at 10ish and drift off back to sleep. Today, because we were doing stuff, I decided to get up at 10 instead of sleeping in.

Poached egg on toast with melted cheese for breakfast! Then a shower, then getting dressed, and off to town!

First stop: Old Navy. I severely under packed so I was in need of some sweaters. Hit the athletic rack and clearance section. Got an over sized sweater, a cozy blue sort of track jacket, and a shirt. Very happy with the jacket. Dad got a shirt as well.

Second, and final, stop: Starbucks. Mom drinks coffee now. I went for tea. Ran into a friend from 4th and 5th grade: Stephanie Punt! We run into one another every couple years. She is applying to med schools and all that. I'm drawing pictures of stuff.

Then it was off to Mats Mats for dinner with the grandparents. Grandma let me have a looksie and a take-sy from her magnificent fabric collection. I kept to things that would be good shirt material. I also took a little box of things to try my hand at quilting. It would make a good project. I might be a little stir crazy. Maybe. But yeah, got my hands on a lot of great fabric. Whoo!

Dinner was shrimp with sauce over rice and a salad. We five polished it all off, and still had room for delicious apple pie and ice cream. What a great meal. Had to rest on the couch for a while after. Star Wars was on television. The last half of Return of the Jedi, specifically.

After the movie, we parted ways. Didn't go straight home though. We swung by Target. Mom and I ended up dress shopping for Harmony's wedding. The first dress I tried on was perfect. Fit wonderfully, and is just my style. I tried on some others but really, this was perfect. We lost dad in the shopping process. But we found him again.

We relaxed a little at home, then lounged in the hot tub for half an hour or so.

Then I watched Breaking Bad. Very tense episode. They filled a lot with just Walt and Jesse interacting.

Then Lost. Oh Lost.

No comments: