hi

hi

Thursday, May 27, 2010

the quilting begins

Woke up to mom knocking on my door. She dug out her wedding dress. Her little hat and veil was so cute! I want to try on the dress, but not today.

Quilting! I didn't get on the computer till 8pm today! Hurray! Small victories. Dad scrambled me some eggs with bacon for breakfast. Totally awesome eggs. Then mum and I went up to her mini barn and listened to records and quilted for a few hours.

Mum's little minibarn studio space is so cozy. There is a large table to lay out fabric on, and three sewing machine work spaces. Plus lots of fabric and thread and all that. Totally positive work environment. Even Holly came and joined us. Listened to Abbey Road, Thriller, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Pointer Sisters... it was awesome! I just sewed a little thing of quilt chunk. Just narrow strips cut and sewed together in rows of three, and then cut into blocks, and sewn into squares with different directions of facing stripes. There are some mistakes, but for a first try I am pretty pleased. Needs to be finished but still. Yay!

After I got my 3x4 blocks thing sewed together, we three went into town! Origami Sushi for dinner! Yay! I just ordered sushi and a soda, mom and dad both got entrees. I was well stuffed with good sushi. Probably some of the best I've had. I'm glad the restaurant is still in good business.

Then we went to Joanne's. Mom really needs to see Fabric Depot. I picked up a nice fabric to go on the back of my mini quilt, and some fat quarters to play with.

We got home just in time for the season premier of So You Think You Can Dance. Some good auditions. And some bad, bad, bad ones.

Good day. Lots of activity.

No comments: