hi

hi

Friday, April 2, 2010

release the mother!

Thursday:

Ink day! We had a male model for once. He was pretty good. Did a lot of poses with his butt in the air though... We are almost done with World Lit Only By Fire. We are to Magellan and Elizabeth now. Did some good work.

Illustration's critique was short form. Martin had good words for most of the work, sometimes I didn't agree with him though. Some people (Dominic and Madeline) put out a lot of work for this assignment, and some seemed to not try as hard. But there is consistent pushing forward and upward towards being awesome and much, much better. Pow pow pow Martin went through the pieces and revealed how awesome they were. My Odd Owl got a good review and high praises. Felt good. Carmen said that if I didn't get an A, she would have a word with him.

Had Quizno's for lunch. It was a nice day, but I remained inside with some of the girls. My nose started running for no good reason, now it is totally chewed up and sore from cheap tissues.

After the critique, Martin announced that we were being given a show in his gallery. All of us, well all of us in the class. We voted down including other classes. It was also a benefit show, with proceeds going to one of three causes: homeless youth, the poor PDX Metro school system, or sex slavery. We voted on the schools. It took a lot of discussion and argument to get there. The sizes of the pieces will be around 11x17 to 30xsomething, but that will change when we find out about cheap frames. Martin also has the right to void any piece he deems unworthy. A lot of pressure, and the theme of the art has to tie in with the charity. I'm not too worried. I'll probably do a reductive screen print portrait of one of the students or something.

Then class time was opened up. Whoo!

Went home. Tidied. Blogger wasn't working so I was unable to blog.

Friday:

Mom is visiting for one night, and one night only. It was raining when I went to meet her at the train station, and the rain came and went all day. We met her friend Sylvia at Andina on 13th and Glisan. Lovely place. Peruvian food. I just had a soda and mooched, as I wasn't starving.

I departed from them early though, as I had to meet Bekka at Tea Zone for one last goodbye. She leaves for Denmark on Tuesday. I'll see her again though, I have no fear our paths will meet. We had a nice little conversation about art and trying hard and working hard and moving about and travel. She got a haircut and it looks good. We walked to Powell's together, met up with mom, and I hugged my dear friend goodbye.

Mum and I walked to my apartment in the sun. Karen stopped by to pick up some stuff she left behind. Mom and I went shopping because I'm low on food and miscellaneous stuff. Pasta dinner with chips and dip starter.

Then we went to see Clash of the Titans! It was opening day, but I guess everyone was seeing it in 3D because the audience wasn't all that full. It was fun. The effects were not up to snuff I felt, but there were a good moments.

No rain, but be took the Max back anyway. Early night. Zzzzz.

No comments: