hi

hi

Sunday, April 4, 2010

blue green blue

Woke up with a pain in my right leg. But no sniffles.

Mum had been awake for a few hours when I finally rolled out of bed. She seemed to have tidied up a little. Apartment looks so bad. I'll get on that if I ever get some not busy time.

I did my laundry, we read our books, and then off to Ikea!

We caught the blue and traded over to the red. Someone managed to poo under one of the benches at the Max stop.

Ikea was crowded as it was Saturday, but wasn't totally bad. We walked through the show room, gathering ideas. Mom mentioned needing some proper frames for the beds upstairs. When I eventually move out, I will need to get a bed, a desk, chairs, a table, and a couch. Picked up a new bath mat (our current one is mildew city) and two shower curtains. They will be layered and colorful. Also finally got funnels. A new towel. A base for my puppet final for Morgan. Whoo.

Then meatballs! Delicious after shopping meal. Mmm.

It takes an hour almost exactly to go either to or from Ikea, with or without transfer.

We got home and put up the shower curtain and relaxed for a few, then headed out early. I had to swing by Utrecht and pick up paper for my printmaking project. Got mom to the station at 5:45 and hugged goodbye. It was a short but sweet visit.

I brought my bike with me, so I rode to school, talked to Diana and JP, cut paper, and touched up my screen with emulsion.

Elizabeth showed up right on time, so we got right to it. The library was closed, so we took a chance and oiled up her print outs. It wasn't a big chance, it worked perfectly. The screen got emulsified perfectly. We had some trouble with the ink on the first layer, but we got it printed in a really nice fashion. And the second layer printed beautifully and much easier. She just wanted some text and detail on a little handout promoting her music and thesis stuff. Turned out quite nice. She seemed to have fun and was psyched about silk screen. Whoo!

My payment was cookies.

There was a break in the rain when I came back.

Watched the new Doctor Who with the new Doctor. Such a great episode, totally perfect start to Matt Smith's part. They even showed all the previous doctors. Really brilliant way to introduce the new one. Then watched Project Runway. Sort of lack luster results for a big challenge.

Some good television. Now to rest. Tomorrow I print.

No comments: