hi

hi

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I can haz sleep?

Totally restless night sleep. Kept waking up. But I stayed awake all through the day. No dozing!

We watched Grizzly Man first, which was good because I was totally awake for that. Normally when a movie comes on after lunch, I just pass out. Grizzly Man is a Herzog movie about Timothy Treadwell, this guy who spent 13 summers camping with grizzlies in Alaska. Totally mental fellow. No knowledge of bear behavior. Just thought that if you behave and be strong, they won't harm you. Which they didn't. Until he came up when it was some of the unfamiliar bears and one of them chomped his head and attacked his girlfriend. They got the audio recorded, but didn't play it in the movie. Herzog narrated, and with his thick German accent and the way he filmed some of his narrators, it was a really odd film in general.

Fiddled around on the computer. Phil helped me put my piece up. Mine was the only non bear piece, but there were only three pieces. Kristen did a painting, we suggested sticking with her medium and pushing that. Sandra did a scratchboard. Really tiny piece, made even tinier by being across by my three foot by probably nine foot piece. That sucker was huge. They agreed it conveyed some of the feeling, but the craftsmanship was poor (I agree, it was). Tried something new. Oh well.

Then we had a long, good discussion about wildlife and bears and the feeling of folklore. The class goes so much smoother when we are able to get to our readings! Even got out a little early.

Yoga was a lot of leg work and some shoulder openers.

Karen chilled out with me afterwards back at my place. Watched some of Sherlock Holmes. Ate toast. Drew. Chatted. It was nice. Hopefully I can get a solid few hours of sleep tonight.

No comments: