hi

hi

Friday, April 9, 2010

sleeeeeep

Oops, it got late and I haven't summed up the day.

Same wacky male model. Not wacky really, but interesting poses. I was out of it, but did some work. Morgan gave us a little mini art history lesson on the Pre-Raphaelites. Amazing bunch.

Illustration, Rose Bond came in and talked for an hour about animation and the more artistic applications of it. She is starting a moving image arts BFA and also wanted to pitch that.

Registration for next semester is opening up soon. I only have to take two classes, but three costs the same as two so I might take a third, just to not waste a penny. Plus I can probably manage a third with my thesis work pretty easily, as I've taken three years of five classes, and have a 3.82 GPA. So maybe take the beginning moving image arts class, just to get more technique under my belt (the more technique and programs I know, the better, as it enables me to apply to more places and boast a wider range of skills). I'll have to look at the full class schedule when they print it. If I take the animation course, it is before my illustration night class, which means I'll only be on campus Tuesday and Wednesday. Whooo!!

We broke for early lunch. I grabbed a soda and some mac n cheese from Safeway, then came back and geeked out with Madeline (who got a totally cute short do, it is way way cute and they did a really good job on it).

Martin gave us a run down of the plan, which was sketches and internship discussion. He said the sketches would take 30 minutes, and it ended up being about 2 hours. But I sat and chatted with Samala, Leo, Danny, and Dom. Speaking of Dom, he dislocated and broke his ankle while skateboarding. He is working on constructing a benefit show to pay for his hospital bills, so I think I'm going to crank out a 8 1/2x11 sized print for him to sell. Blow up some sketchbook drawing, really easy printing. I did the sketch while talking to him after class, so that is done.

My chat with Martin went well. After that he chatted about internships and how many of us are serious about it. I need to think about where I want to go and what I can get done, there is some potential for it. I think I'd like to go to a silkscreen studio, possibly poster design with an illustrative quality. Hmmm.

Hung around drawing and chatting with Dom. Went home. Watched stuff. Drank water. Went out with BT and Karen for some wings. Mmm delicious wings.

Now to finish Project Runway and finally sleep in.

Oh and I got an appointment for a massage on Saturday. I'm excited! She also does cupping therapy...

No comments: