hi

hi

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

rookie mistake

I've been wasting so much time with StumbleUpon. It pretty much gives you sites based on preferences you enter and it gives such a great variety of things. Like:


More model stand today. Morgan had a piece of plexiglass and was tracing the stand and holding it up to people's drawings. When he came to mine, he held it up, and said "that looks okay" and started to walk off. I said "that's it?" so he came back and gave me a little more advice. Booyah for getting the stand right! Today we learned about Magellan. Good stuff.

Screenprinting was critique. Long long critique. I went second. Robin put out another beautiful house at night print, this time it was monotype. Chelsey had some brush word. Diana put up some monotypes with some lovely flowers that I very much appreciated. Casey had a kitty. DeAnn had printed in reverse on plexiglass. Impressive! Junko had layered pieces over each other and had this three dimensional quality, but the material quality itself was low. Ali had a poster for social change.

9 people takes forever. 11-4ish. But we spend a lot of time talking. Paul something from the print something sat in on our critique and gave us good feedback from a fresh perspective. After that, I set about constructing a pattern to print on various materials, like wrapping paper and posters and fabric. Whoo! Accidentally exposed it at 60 units on low power, instead of 60 at high, so my whole screen started to wash out. Ooops.

Went home. Ate the rest of my lunch burrito (damn you Laughing Planet, you know I can't resist your Mr. Green Jeans burrito!). Then got to work on Homeland. My piece is 3 feet by about 8 feet, and is a cutout with the rest being charcoal. I need to vacuum and hope it comes up. It should. I don't know how I feel about it. It is HUGE, and will probably look different when I put it on the wall. Tack that sucker up. Mmm.

Katie and Miranda went out, I stayed in and worked. So tired. 8 hours of sleep tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We got to see Bobby McFerrin at the Admiral Theatre in B-Town and he played with the audience like that. Such an amazing, unique, musical genius cool guy. ~mum