hi

hi

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

my arm is sore for no reason

The rain persisted. Bleh.

We returned to drawing the platform in The Figure. It is really hard trying to get four lines to match up to how they are in reality. And if one is off, they all are. And trying to fight the brain and draw what you see and not what you believe you see. I think one of the new lessons was "think like a fish, paint like Cezanne".

Then screenprinting! For the first hour and a half, Christy and Diana talked about Southern Graphics Conference, which is this really rad print expo that happens every year. This year it was in Philadelphia. Cool beans. Apparently there are five art colleges in that city.

Went to Student Council for the free food. Went back to class. I was pretty scatter brained for the day. Got two screens emulsified. I'm doing a monoprint using the lineart from my Odd Owl poster. Don't have paper, just have the screens ready. I'll be printing this weekend. Yay.

After class, I documented my posters. Scanned about 17 of them. Took forever to figure out why the scanner was cropping the image. I had the thumbnail box checked. Argh.

I managed to catch a break in the rain on my way home. Whoo! Robin and Diana invited me over for stir fry. Junko stopped by as well. We gabbed and girl talked. It was a nice evening. Now to sort of what I have to do tomorrow. Mmm.

No comments: