hi

hi

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

the other, better, Joe Simpson

Another day, another dollar. Except I didn't make any dollars...but I will once Carmen sends me a check for my percentage of the posters sales. Booyah!

Got up early, had a slow morning. Stepped on a piece of glass. Heel didn't hurt too bad when I wore my Romeos though. Still, ouch.

Daniel is pretty miffed that our conversations in class are often lacking. He said he didn't have the energy today to prod us. For the first hour, this bio psychologist talked to us. He incorporates nature into his practices. He was Irish and very very much a ginger. Cool guy. Lana gave a little presentation.

Ate with Karen at lunch.

Gabby gave another presentation. Then we critiqued Kirsten and Phil's pieces. Kirsten had this illustration sort of representing the connection in people's minds. Phil constructed this sort of diorama with all these stand up trees based after air fresheners. Really neat, and we all got trees after!

We watched about an hours worth of video. I was awake during the Joseph Campbell thing, but passed out during the other one. I just couldn't keep my head up. Oh well. Afterwards, we had a nice talk about the readings. Next week is Wilderness! My head is just not in it to make a piece, but I'll figure something out.

Yoga was just me, so I got one on one help! We did some meditation first, and then back work because my back is hella paining. Afterwards I hung out with Karen and BT in the studios. Then I returned!

I'm doing Joe Simpson, the mountaineer, for my next Illustraton project. If you don't know anything about him, just know he is a badass. Broke his leg and still climbed down one of the most difficult faces in the world. Crawled within 20 feet of basecamp even. Took him days.

No comments: