hi

hi

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

highly productive! hurray!






Kate was our model in figure drawing today. Normally I don't like her because of how much she moves, but as we were focusing on the model stand, it didn't really matter what she did. Morgan finished World Lit Only By Fire. Damn good history. We got another lesson about the Pre-Raphaelites. We got to Burne-Jones, my favorite!

We had a thirty minute project proposal quick fire. I was pretty much all "yo, I'm going to print on this fabric and turn it into bandanas and print on these diecut flat boxes and make them all promotional packaging and stuff. It will be awesome, yo." And that was what I did. While the others mingled, and Robin and Junko learned how to mix ink, I printed away.

The fabric was roughly 44"x130", and I printed it all. I made a print by taking imagery and text from my sketchbook and cutting and taping it all together in a really condensed image, one that would blend at the edges hopefully seamlessly. Which it did! I printed once on the table, and put tape around the outline. Then I put the fabric down and felt where the tape was under it, and that was how I lined it all up. I printed and just moved the fabric over, and kept going. It only took about an hour to print it all. I made some mistakes, but it looks great all around. I showed off my bolt of fabric to tons of people. I was quite proud.

Then I ate lunch.

I scanned in a flat box to use as a layout for the print to go on the box. I turned it into a template and dropped that over some scans of my sketch print in photoshop, and with JP's help, I got it printed and all that jazz. Looks great. Right to scale. On the front it says "Bandana by Trillian 2010". My spellcheck keeps saying it is bandanna, but that just looks wrong to me, and the internet seems to indicate both are correct.

So I got that printed on all 20 boxes. Whoo! I was working hard from noon till four. Go me! Went home, and cut up the bolt into 22x22 squares. 12 of them! I heat set them in the oven, I'm sure it worked... While they were heat setting, I watched The Pacific (so sad) and folded up the boxes and put brads in the sides to keep them secured (so fun). Then I sewed up the sides on the bandanas. Not the best sew job, but it works. Then I stuffed them in the boxes. Hurray! Then at 9pm, I could relax. Lost! Glee! Hurray!

$15 or more generous offer. Bandana. Bandanna. Both are acceptable.

Tomorrow I go to Eugene to see Odd Owl perform. Hoot hoot! I will be back late, so I probably won't blog.

No comments: