hi

hi

Thursday, April 15, 2010

hoot hoot hoot!

Took a long nap that was interrupted by a fire alarm. Now I am awake enough to blog.

Wednesday:

Daniel was half an hour late to class. Some of the people calculated how much money we were spending to sit there, by dividing the amount a credit at our school costs by the number of hours were at school. I think they figured that his lateness cost $15. Oh well.

He did arrive and we got right to presentations. Sandra and Brian. This weeks theme was the watershed.

Ate with Karen in her studio during lunch.

We critiqued Brian's photography, then Matt's little aquarium installation, then Heather's needle point map, then Lana's performance.

It was such a nice day that we held the rest of class down by the river! There was a sandy spot right next to the Steel Bridge that was nice. I made a little castle while we talked and all that.

On the way back from school, I stopped at Trader Joe's for a snack run. I over did it with the snack purchases, but better to have taffy and trail mix and cheese puffs then nothing at all.

I only got about 15 minutes between getting home and heading out with Molly to go to Eugene. Molly is Carmen's friend from college and was a perfect driving companion. We talked about school and art and Portland. Way rad lady. The ride down went really fast, but it was raining and horrible. I thought it would continue to be warm. Oh well.

Luckey's was a place with history, according to the newspaper clippings on the walls, but it didn't stand out that much to me. Pool and a narrow bar with poor service. Carmen and Phil were there and we chatted over a beer. Molly ordered some food. Phil (the guitarist, not my friend Phil from Portland) and I talked about Garth Ennis comics. Once we found out we both liked Preacher and The Boys, well we talked a bunch. The sound guy apparently quit and they venue had to track down someone else, or something along those lines, I don't quite know, but it all worked out. They were the only ones playing.

Adam even showed up! Yay! One of Molly's friends was there as well. And that was pretty much it, but the people at the bar cheered them on with lots of interest. Loved the music, great tunes. Wonderful to hear them live. Doo doo doo do dooo doo do do doooo. It was really nice to just get out of Portland, relax with a friend and some family and make some new friends. To just sit with a drink and relax.

I came back into Portland with Carmen. Tried to stay awake so I wouldn't just doze while she drove on in silence. 3am when I crawled into bed. 6:30 am when my alarm went off. Totally worth it.

Thursday:

Thank god for ink day. Sat and played with ink and kept from nodding off. After the break, Morgan told us some more history but then we had story time and we just went from tangent to tangent. French fashion dolls, peacocks, what snake tastes like, and so on. It was fun.

Illustration was a little more stressful. Stage 2 review, I didn't have much to show him. I had print outs of my pieces and we talked about putting together a portfolio and how to set up an internship and stuff. I need to get really good documentation of my pieces, construct a leave behind, update my resume... So many things to do right NOW instead of next month. Bleh. It was an open work day, which meant another day of listening to people yammer about their schedules. This will probably continue for a while. I need to bring headphones to class. Especially when I'm tired and have no patience.

Went back home. Sort of did nothing. Ate food. Then I started watching Princess Bride and I began to fall asleep, so I just allowed it to happen. Then fire alarm went off.

Tomorrow is clean up this wrecked room of mine day, papier mache time, and plan out internship time. Wheee.

No comments: