hi

hi

Sunday, March 7, 2010

taxed or "I love you more than rainbows"

Set the alarm so my body wouldn't be adjusted to a 1pm wake up.

I was so very slow to start my day. Sort of read Cogito. Sort of sketched. At 4:15 I decided that I was better off leaving the house to work instead of sitting about avoiding it. So I took my sketchbook to Mission Theater and Pub to join the masses in watching the Oscars.

I first looked at spots on the balcony but didn't like it, so I went downstairs. I moved around a bit and eventually joined a nice lady at a table (she was waiting for a few friends). You don't go to an open viewing and not be social. I sketched Odd Owl and some of the stars on the red carpet show. Bought a burger and a pint of Porter.

It was really fun watching the Oscars with a huge group of people. We booed and hissed at the woman who won for Costume. She was so ungracious! There were claps for Waltz winning best supporting actor. No one cared about District 9. Sharlto Copley got so little screen time (about a second). I thought it was funny how Kathryn Bigelow was seated right in front of her ex husband James Cameron. It was made even a little be more funny how her film Hurt Locker won awards that Avatar was nominated for. Every time there was a shot of her happy, there he was in the background. She even won for director and Hurt Locker won best movie. Girl power! I teared up a little at the John Hughes tribute, and wondered why Twilight was in the horror montage (and why they kept THAT SCENE from Misery, you know the one I mean). The sentiment in one speech that practicing the arts isn't a waste of time was wonderful. Sandra Bullock had the best speech overall, and it was really surprising she won. I didn't understand the musical number. Popping and locking does not go with Hurt Locker. I got a few pages of sketches and had some good time to think.

Then back home and time to do my taxes. I filled them out entirely twice in the deluxe version by accident. It is supposed to be free but it kept asking me for $66. I eventually figured out how to get into the free section and finally filed my lovely pitiful taxes.

Now to draw more owls and start another school week.

No comments: