hi

hi

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Casey is on the Case

I am so tired of waking up at 3am in a state and trying to figure out what to wear because it is a formal day and taking fifteen minutes to figure out it isn't a formal day and then crawling back into bed only to get out of it in four hours. Uhg.

Had an egg and bacon breakfast. Lugged a new sketchpad to school. We are doing long poses while Morgan does midterm art reviews. Hard to believe it is midterm already. I gotta get started on my puppet! Liked a couple of my long poses.

During break, I scanned by Bear Fight submission. Bear Fight is this art collection BT is putting together. It is focused around bears fighting something. My bear is fighting a pickle jar lid. I like the piece very much. Still need to do something for Rainbow's France show.

Silk screen had a wheat pasted slide show and some review of our work.

In the library for lunch I ate my last remains of lasagna. So good. Read an article. Walked to Safeway. Got ear swabs and $20 for Girl Scout Cookie cash. I will find some and I will BUY SOME GOSH DARN THIN MINTS!! Tomorrow they are supposed to be outside Nike Town from 4-6, so in the 5-5:30 break between class and yoga I will have my sweet sweets.

After lunch we talking about subculture, graffiti, posters, "selling out", how Canadian artists live on 13-40k a year on average, and other things. It was a good chat.

Hold on a second, I need to bang my stick against the ceiling. Okay that stopped now. So annoying!

I sorted out some printing stuff and did some school errands. I didn't have anything to print so I helped Anthea pull. Casey was paper feeder, Chelsey was paper-put-on-drying-rack-er. We had issues because the emulsion had begun to crack a bit from the strain of hundreds of prints. Do the BFK edition first, the massive edition second. Some of the pulls were good, some not so much. The registration was decent though. I messed up Caseys name. I called her Cassie. So hard, I don't know why I can't remember which it is.

Robin replaced Chelsey. Anthea leaves Portland on Thursday. I'll miss her.

I stuffed a lot of the art that has long been collecting dust in my locker into a portfolio and rode my bike home with the thing over my shoulder. Tricky thing to maneuver. Really slows a bike girl down. Thankfully it wasn't too windy.

Jon W. had invited me to hang out, but didn't get around to calling me till 9:30, at which point I had already given my night to Karen and BT. They gave over to chill. I made popcorn. We talked about movies mostly and Karen and I were shocked, nay, HORRIFIED at some of BT's opinions. I'm not even going to mention what he thought was more visually appealing than some other movie. It was just...too much.

They left. I'm so excited to sleep in, even just a little bit.

No comments: