hi

hi

Sunday, March 7, 2010

ants on a log in a bog receding into fog

Just looked at the clock and saw it was 1:49am. Time to blog and sleep!

Pile of bacon, eggs, and plain old buttered toast for breakfast. Big champion hearty no need to eat while working breakfast.

Then I went to school to print! My ideal was two colors at the minimum. I managed to knock down all three in four and a half hours!

I made the green celery layer from a combination of two premade inks that were very viscous. I used some transparent base to make them more usable. That layer went really smooth. I was printing almost the whole size of my screen and had no pressure problems. Guess I am getting stronger.

Carmen was working in the studio, as was Pilar and Lynda Wysong I believe. Christy was printing clear ink on the back of paper to prevent it from curling.

I am doing a three color reductive print, so I used the drawing fluid to draw the peanut butter layer and sat back and read and let it dry, then applied emulsion and let that dry. Then exposed it and washed out the drawing fluid, which blocked the emulsion so it came off where I wanted to print.

The brown for the peanut butter came mixed right off the shelf. Perfect! Another smooth printing run. Did the emulsion steps for the raisins. Put on the mix CD that is always in the CD player.

Carmen asked me for my opinion on her piece and I said it looked like an architectural plan had imploded. She said that was what she was going for.

While waiting for the raisin layer to dry, I computered it up a bit. That layer went just as well. The purple came right off the shelf, but I had to add a little transbase to get it moving. All in all, the Ants on a Log print turned out to my liking. If it is recognizable as being what it is...I will find out.

Home! Six Feet Under! Relaxing!

At 6:40, Katie and I departed for hot wings. Phil met us outside the Goose and we caught the Red Max to the Yellow Transfer. Then took the Yellow to Fire on the Mountain on Interstate. Took a long time getting there, but the wings and company (BT and Karen) were worth it. Tots, fries, and onion rings were also ordered. I didn't get spicy, just BBQ flavor and water for me. Actually, Katie bought my wings because she ate some of my lasagna. How nice.

BT drove us back to Phil's place (who lives a few blocks from us). Karen collected her houseplants. Phil and Andy have a huge apartment. HUGE!

I sort of got us (Katie and I) sidetracked on the way back to our apartment. There is a freeway between Phil's place and the Goose and I went the way that doesn't cross the freeway. Still, it was a good night for walking.

Spent my night cutting out the celery, peanut butter, and raisins. So much cutting...

Tomorrow is Odd Owl drawing day. Hurray!

No comments: