hi

hi

Friday, March 12, 2010

trillian as a bike commuter: 89 portland weather: 1 (snow)

Oops, started to drift off and remembered I never posted.

Horrible slow groggy morning. Wanted to get to school early so I could sort through my figure work to show Morgan. Got to school through the misting rain about 4 minutes early. Not so bad though, as it is ink day. We played with dipping string in ink. In my meeting with Morgan, he told me to play more on ink days and work more on drawing days. Play harder, not play harder. Force the extremes in both directions and I will "get my chops back". So for the remainder of class I slopped ink around and had a good time.

Adam Haynes, a pretty successful illustrator, came into class. His work was brilliant and just...wow. And the turn around on the pieces was just a couple days, of course these were probably 5 days of solid work. Anyway, he was really cool and friendly. Kevin, Dom, Josh, Janessa, Danny and I talked with him into lunch break. Finally too starved to continue, I said goodbye. It is so great to get actual working artists in. Really shows how the process works if you work it.

Just got mac & cheese and jo jos from Safeway and ate with Dom and Michaela in the library.

It rained all day. It is still raining.

Rest of class was open work time. I showed Martin my images first, and I was the last to leave at around 5:20. He really liked my Odd Owl concepts and encouraged me to develop the text and really think about graphic and details. So that is what I did for the rest of class. I asked Mia about making my own alphabet, drew out text, worked on the development book final project for class (it is just a sort of pdf portfolio for class), chatted with Dom, and ate a Kit Kat. I stayed all the way through, even though I could have left at 2pm.

Well I also wanted to get Girl Scout Cookies, but I decided the rain wasn't worth the detour and I would get them at Safeway tomorrow.

Spent the rest of the day inside, watching stuff, emailing people, and unwinding. Katie returned from her Eugene minibreak.

Last week and then SPRING BREAK!! Next week:
-essay and one on one discussion with teacher in Existentialist Phenomenology
-nothing for Homeland besides reading
-nothing for The Figure
-come up with new silk screen idea
-black and white promotional images for Odd Owl

No comments: