hi

hi

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

mix and match

The critique on our figure pieces went really well. Kevin and Jenna had some great uses of wash. We just went around and talked, nothing too heavy. It was Camara's birthday so we gave her a group hug and sung her happy birthday. Then we drew Nicole for the rest of class, just one pose.

Silk screen was a combination work/helping Anthea print/slide show. First chunk was open work time. I exposed my Homeland assignment onto my screen. For lunch I rode up to 22nd and Raleigh. I just had a craving for fish & chips and knew the Frying Scotsman would satisfy. I fished out all my dollars and the majority of my change and bought the haddock and chips. Chatted with the chef before scooting the 17 blocks back to school. Soooo good. I need to make the trip more often. Perfectly made. Battered just right. Ah. Worth the trip.

Christy showed us this great slide show about these printmakers in Brazil who do a lot of wheat pasting of posters. They go around the world and work and put things up, they even redid Durer's Rhinoceros print to scale and posted it. Really epic piece.

Then work time! In between printed layers of my Homeland piece, I went to JP and got my illustration stuff all printed out. Like a champ. Go me! My cards look okay. Not perfect. I helped Anthea load paper and pull prints. I messed up a couple, my fingers didn't feel like working properly. I dunno. The book covers look great in their final format. As pieces, not so much. I'm excited to play the card game. I got my screen ready for the first color of my poster. This is the celery piece. I think I have mentioned it. Just worked and worked.

At around 5:15 I went to chill with Karen in the studios. Helped her put up a curtain. Chatted with BT. Anthea was having a beer at Deschutes Brewery so we joined her. Well, we thought she was leaving from school at 7pm but turns out she was there. No biggie. We had a good chat about postering and punks and art thriving with corporations. I had a chicken almond salad. I can't wait to eat the left overs. Karen purchased a pitcher of Black Butter Porter.

Episode of Six Feet Under. Episode of Lost. Another Six Feet Under. Blog. Sleep.

No comments: