hi

hi

Saturday, March 6, 2010

the metalheads return

Ahh Friday. Sweet, blessed Friday.

You betcha I slept in.
You betcha I ate lasagna.
You betcha I watched Six Feet Under.

I also started sketching out some preliminary ideas for Odd Owl. Just some owls and this lady. Nothing major. Took a bath. Read the Esquire article about Ebert. Got really sad about the article.

At 9ish, Katie and I headed towards Burnside. We knocked on Mel's window. Katie went to The Matador to get a table and I waited with Mel while she got some boots on. A night for a couple drinks with pals. Pals being Katie's high school friend Jeff, Leah, and Leah's Texas friends and metalhead roommates who were at Karen's party. Had some drinks, a lot fewer drinks than the metalheads who were swirling hair about and going "YEEEAHHH". The art students on our end of the table chatted, I don't know what those guys were talking about. I drew on a napkin, Mel joined. Gossiped a little bit. It was fun. Mel and I bounced after Matador though. It was midnight and didn't want to leave all the apartment cleaning to Melissa.

Tomorrow I shall print up a storm! My goal is two colors. Ideal would be three.

No comments: