hi

hi

Thursday, February 4, 2010

the other vinyl culture

I have this twinge in my back and I have no clue where it came from.

Anyway, slow morning with again no eggs or bacon. Still got to school in good time. Ink day isn't as fun as I thought it would be. It is a lot of awkward sitting and horrible paper and not good drawings. It got a little better near the end, but it was still tough. Probably because of my back.

For the first chunk of class Ryan Bubnis came in to talk. He graduate from PNCA in 2006 when the illustration program was about 5 people strong. He does a lot of toy design and readily accessible graphics for use on things like cellphones and what not. He gave a talk about other illustrators who do such a thing and how they are rolling in cash. He passed around some of the things he has designed. Toys and a $50 Kid Robot tee shirt. I could design fancy shirts.

Then it was work time. The assignment for the day was one part artists statement, two parts working on the final project due next week and four parts work on product development using our art. I whipped up a couple shirt designs. I wasn't really thinking about it as I wasn't fully aware it was assigned in the first place. I was relatively productive through the whole class. Even stayed till about 6pm working on things. Not yet sure where I want to take the Fanny final image. Bold and graphic? Most likely...

I ate a burrito in the library by myself. Sort of. Wayne Bund and Heather Zinger were also in the couch area. Chatted a little. It was a good burrito.

It was nicely drizzling but I said "screw you, I have rain pants" to the sky and rode off into the night in my bright yellow pants.

Finished the burrito for dinner. And ate bacon and eggs. Ate some celery and peanut butter and raisins. Watched Nip/Tuck. Generally relaxed. My back is seizing up.

You know where I'm going tomorrow morning? Fabric Depot.

No comments: