hi

hi

Sunday, January 31, 2010

read a page, relax a little

Today was a long effort of getting through some required reading. My system is I'll read a page or half a page, depending how the books are broken up, and then relax a little on the Internet, then I'll read some more. It is really easy to put off blocks of time devoted to reading, but not so hard to read a small chunk knowing there will be a break soon. Took a while to get through, but I had a good time doing it.

Didn't understand a word of it though. I have Skynet written in the margins and a couple things underlined but by and large, existentialist phenomenology is hard and way over my head.

Got through some of my homeland readings as well. Flipped over the calendar and realized I have to present Gardens in a week and a half.

Speaking of gardens, my lucky jade's stem broke! I stuck the surviving stalk in the dirt and watered it. I think I'm going to try and track down some quality potting soil and some nutritious plant growing stuff tomorrow. Pearl Hardware probably has something. I don't want my plant to die! It just doesn't seem to be taking root in the dirt it has.

I've really taken to watching Weeds this weekend. It is a fun show with some good casting. Helps the majority of it is on Netflix instant watch.

Hung out at a little R.A. glitter party thing.

Oh, I made myself a real breakfast this morning. I almost never do this. Fried up two slices of bacon and using that grease I made scrambled eggs. Finished with toast. Delicious way to start the day.

Now time to try to hit the hay early. School starts at 8am on Monday now.

No comments: