hi

hi

Sunday, January 31, 2010

a fridge is a terrible thing to waste

Did more shopping today. I need to break out of my pasta + sauce habit. Bought meat and veggies (not just apples, I got lettuce and celery and cucumbers). Bought some cheese and hoagie rolls. Bought lots of tasty things that are not pasta and sauce.

When I got home and prepared to put away my haul, I observed that the refrigerator was in an awful shape. It had a lot of little things in plastic bag and I noticed some expired things in tupperware. Also the meat drawer was a sticky mess. So I unloaded every piece of food from it and set about cleaning! I filled the tub with hot soapy water and soaked all the drawers in it. I scrubbed them and set them aside to dry. Then I wiped down and cleaned up the interior of the fridge. Lysol and soap and all that. There was a big pool of something red and sticky that had been there for a long long time. It was gross. I tossed quite a few things but now the fridge is neat and in order and looking clean as can be. Real proud of all that work.

Bit by bit, the apartment comes together. A little bit cleaner every day.

After all that labor, I celebrated with ants on a log! Celery, peanut butter, and raisins oh my! Fast on track to becoming a new favorite snack. MMMmmm.

Then I made myself a cheesesteak sandwich. Had to make sure I had not forgotten how. It came out allright. I should have used more onion and tried to slice the meat a little thinner. Still, it was tasty and filling. Followed that up with a meager salad. Mmm.

Watched a Bill Plympton DVD and followed that up with Magnolia. That was long and dramatic and...long. Great performances across the board no doubt.

It feels good to get major cleaning done. It is the type of accomplishment that you can really see the difference for a long time with.

No comments: