hi

hi

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

deep fry it! makes everything better

I woke up at 2:30am in a delirium in knocked on the bathroom door and demanded Katie emerge so I can shower and get ready for school. I then came to my sense. Two hours later, I awoke again convinced it was time to go to school.

Needless to say, getting started and getting going today was rough. No breakfast. I did manage to make a limp sandwich and grab a granola bar.

Another technical drawing day. We talked about the puppets we plan to make for the puppet fashion show. Lots of figure studies. Lots of proportion. It is slowly coming back to me.

In screenprinting we had an hour and a half demo from JP on using the printers to make things like stencils and transfers. Then lunch. Yoga got approved! Chilled with Karen, BT, Jay, Urusla, and Bryan out on the loading dock. Made some zine sales. Whoo!

The rest of class was a work day. I finished my image for printing, but because it was a toner wash on duralar I had to burn a step test onto the emulsion to see what it would look like with different amounts of exposure. I don't feel like explaining any of the technical stuff in that last sentence. It has to do with light and whatever. Anyway, first I expose it for 30 units, then another 30, then 60, then 120, then 240, then 480, and finally 960. Each unit is roughly a second, so add all that up and it is a long time to sit around. Thankfully I brought my assigned reading with me, so I knocked that out while waiting. The step test worked perfectly, but getting to that point took all damn class.

Chilled with Karen while she got a late lunch. Went home. Read more.

Katie, Karen, BT, and I met at Fire on the Mountain for delicious wings and beer. I ordered six Vietnam barbecue flavor and six honey BBQ. The Vietnam was far spicier than the sample I had. My mouth went numb eventually and I finished it all off. Leah K. also joined us for delicious munchies. MMM. BT ordered us two deep friend twinkies and deep fried oreos for dessert. The frying process makes the oreos entirely soft and all delicious. I was supremely gorged.

I went home with Karen and BT, they now live together, and chilled there for an hour. BT informed me that Hercule Poirot's mustache is fake. Karen worked on putting together an Ikea desk. On Saturday they are having a "come as your high school self" party. Should be fun.

BT drove me home and now I am going to sit and read for a few hours. Whhooo!

No comments: