hi

hi

Friday, February 5, 2010

fabric and ricfaab

I was up and ready to go for Fabric Depot at 10am. Then Karen never called or picked up. I was on the Red Max line headed to 122nd street when Karen called and told me how her phone had died, etc. She said she would meet me at the place and give me a ride back and that she was sorry.

Shouldn't have bought the all day pass.

Turns out the Blue Line takes me from three blocks from my apartment to within three blocks of Fabric Depot! How exciting, I can pick up quality fabric with ease now. Whee!

Fabric Depot is epic! Huge! Hugely epic! Bolts of fabric as far as the eye can see and it doesn't skimp. It's got fabric worthy of mermaid costumes. Just so much...fabric. And it was all 20% off! I just wanted enough to make a skirt, shirt, and a couple berets. In the jersey section I got a cute white fuity print, in the other section I got a dark gingham print for a tulip skirt, and in the fleece section I got some green stuff to make a beret out of! I also got some scissors especially for fabric cutting. The lady who cut our fabric studied calligraphy. As we were checking out I saw some Violet Crumble. Best candy ever! I literally stopped right in the middle of what I was saying and bounded over to get some. Mmm!!

Fabric Depot was everything it lived up to be Grandma, and more!

After there, we went to Ikea for lunch. Meatballs ahoy! So delicious. Then I picked up some smaller bowls and an alarm clock. Not for me, it was a gift for Karen who has often had issues with relying on her phone. Then we were homeward bound.

A box of fabric was waiting for me. Auntie Joyce sent me some stuff, and it was a jam packed box of stuff. It is mostly quilty fabric so I don't know what I am going to do with it...yet.

Then I made a hat! I used this pattern making thing that came with one of the books I ordered, it has a program and you put in your measurements and it generates the pattern for you to print out, and I transcribed it, but something must have happened where I redrew it too small...anyway the hat ended up being a bit small. It's cute but not really my style...I wanted a beret. I have enough fabric to make a second one. Still, it is nice to become more confident with my machine. And I used interfacing for the first time!

Ate pasta. Watched QI. Made a to do list, not as much to do as I thought, just a lot of stuff to get done by Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute hat. Hope your back is better.~mummy