hi

hi

Sunday, February 7, 2010

save Natalie!

Saturday:

Slept in a bit. Not much but still a bit. Lounged around. Ate food. Adobe crashed on my computer for some reason and absolutely refused to open any of the .pdfs. Which sucks because I need to read .pdfs for class, the majority of our assignments are not in purchased texts.

Nikki came over with Baby Elliot. Oh my god he is the cutest baby ever! And so mild mannered and adorable and expressive. I played race horse with him. That is I held him in my hands and jiggled him like I do with Luna and other cats. He loved it. Great baby.

Karen and BT were having a house warming party, emphasis on the party. The theme was "your high school self". I didn't go for the casual self, more the mismatch assemblage of black clothes self. I tied back a bunch of my hair to replicate the 'do I had and put on some legwarmers. It was pretty silly. Rode my bike to 23rd & Stark on the other side of the river. I brought them a caution wet floor sign as a house warming gift. I was also super early so we got our pre-party drink on.

Leah showed up with her three metalhead roommates, who were pretty cool dudes. Didn't break anything. Jay, Tabitha, Sandra, Anthony and his lady friend, Evan and Holly, Agnes, Ursula, Phil & Andy, Taylor, Katie, and a few other people I'm obviously forgetting showed up. It was crowded and awesome. I had a great time, but I was also really tipsy. The booze was free flowing so the party got loud quick and then everyone bottomed out really soon. No sense of pacing at all. Karen and I both went to woozy tired mode at about the same time and went into the bedroom, closed the door, and fell asleep. I mingled like crazy, which wasn't hard to do because their apartment is small and there were tons of people. The porch was happening, the living room had head bangers, the kitchen was full of drunk people kissing, and there was even a slapping competition. It was pretty off the wall but no one called the cops because, like I said, the party pretty much ended at midnight.

There were some great outfits. Karen had a blue wig, Katie was mall gothed out, Evan had a flannel shirt and an over sized The Tick shirt under it, Agnes put in more of her piercings, Tabitha had her hair done in a mohawk. It was fun. I can't wait for pictures to start showing up on the internet.

Sunday:

I didn't drink that much, enough to keep me going and I drank a good deal of water, so I'm not hung over. Just tired. BT, Phil, Katie, Karen, and I met Evan and Holly at Pine State Biscuits for breakfast. The biscuits place sells biscuits that are made up of these Louisiana biscuit makers grandmother's recipes. They combined them to make the ultimate biscuit. Apparently there is always a long line, but it was so worth the wait. I had the standard biscuits and sausage gravy. Katie had this fried chicken, bacon, cheese, egg monstrosity, as did Evan and BT. I managed to eat about half, and saved the rest for left overs.

It was a nice day to ride back. Not too hot, not that cold. When I got back I pretty much got situated in front of the computer, downloaded a new Adobe reader which fixed the problem (whatever it was), and read readings about Olmstead and Anti-Olmstead and Arcadia under Glass...stuff. Pasta dinner.

I heard some people had less fun at the party, which is a shame.



On a serious note, my friend Natalie Abulhosn might be getting deported. PNCA wouldn't allow her to register and then reported her to immigration. She has 60 days to leave the country unless she is allowed back into school. Natalie is one of the most hardworking students I know. She lives for the school and the art scene. The petition to keep her with us is here:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/keep-natalie-in-america

No comments: