hi

hi

Saturday, February 13, 2010

fun facts and evil men you didn't know

Had a nice slow morning and afternoon. Woke up at 10 and dozed till around noon. Mmm it was nice.

Showed up at school at 3. There was a class but I asked the teacher if I could emulsify and expose. She said it was okay as long as her students had first priority. I showed JP how to apply emulsion. Did my three screens. Waited around. Different people in the lab asked for my printing advice, I felt very cool that people saw me that way. You know, helpful and knowing. I obliged to the best of my ability. Sivonna texted me to tell me she was running late. I was halfway through exposing my second screen when she showed up.

When I was helping Sivonna with her screen, the TA told me that there was a class in there and that I should make sure not to occupy their space because they have priority. I told her that I asked the teacher and she said it was fine. Also, a grand total of three people were actually using the printing tables, everyone had just spread out their stuff way way around. It was weird that I had been there for a while before she decided to confront me about my presence. I guess she didn't like how people asked me for advice over her.

While waiting for screens to dry, and exposing units to expose, Sivonna and I talked and looked at the poster show that is in the commons right now. It is way rad. Hundreds of posters from all around the world. A lot of political stuff.

My three screens are ready to go and Sivonna's exposed quite nicely. I can't wait to print tomorrow.

I rode my bike home, grabbed a heavier coat, and rode to the East side. BT invited me to a little documentary viewing party at Anthony & Allison's. He made pie, Allison made mac and cheese. Tesar and his lady were there, as was Thomas W.C. Other people were there but they left before the documentary started. We all played Tetris for a while. I lost some and won some. The documentaries were from this short series called The Century of the Self. It was four one hour parts. The first was about Freud's nephew Edward Bernays who pretty much figured out how to deceive people into buying things, among other things. Basically he was pretty damn evil. I started drifting off in the second part, which was about the war. The third part was about the 70's and 80's and EST and hippie stuff. Uhm. It was very interesting, I just wish I was more awake during it. And also not freezing cold as for some reason they didn't believe in heat. It was weird to ride my bike and not dread going out in the cold. It was a fun night, and an effortless ride back. Just went straight across Broadway Bridge, which sets you down on 10th, so you skip the whole waterfront hill.

Just going to finish up this episode of Project Runway and crash. Printing tomorrow! And Mel's 21st birthday! Hopefully my sore throat and snuffles will be better.

Also I trimmed my bangs all by myself yesterday! It is really easy to do in fact. Take off the volume straight across and snip upwards to break up the chunky line.

No comments: