hi

hi

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

well that was bad

Uhg.

I made it through the day, but it wasn't a fun making it through the day. My essay sucks. I had to photograph the pages of my book because there were no online versions of the pieces. Uhhg.

Spam and egg for breakfast!

Got to class and found out the first chunk was devoted to going to the Chinese Gardens and checking them out. For some reason I left my scarf and gloves at school. It was raining all the way there and continued till it was time to leave. I was wet and cold and wearing totally the wrong coat for it. Still, it was nice to see the special gutter things in action. The gardens are meant to be observed during the rain. It was just numb and cold. We read the little booklets and all that.

I stopped by Lovejoy Bakeries and got hot chocolate and some pastries for lunch. Best hot chocolate I have ever had, hands down. I just sat in the library and warmed up and dried off.

My presentation was horrible. I thought I knew what I would talk about, but I didn't. I mumbled and couldn't form coherent thoughts. It was bad. I'm not looking forward to getting my grade for this back. After that we watched Fast, Cheap & Out of Control. A great film about a topiary dude, a lion tamer, a naked mole rat enthusiast, and a robot scientist. Each explained their passions and that was it. The themes overlapped. It was good, hard to explain. We talked for an hour after that about gardens and then walked to Kristen's place for her and Tabitha's project. They converted their apartment into an indoor garden space...sort of. The critique wasn't favorable, unfortunately.

I hung back a little afterward, and was about a minute late to yoga. Bonnie was subbing. She is a tough teacher. I am sure I'll be feeling all the strain tomorrow. It has been months since I last did it. Oi...

Wasn't raining when I returned. Watched the new episode of Lost and White Collar (such a great low impact show for when I want to relax, really charming and this was a fairly delightful episode, White Collar I mean. Lost was a rather useless episode). Now I am going to watch an episode of Weeds and fall asleep at a reasonable hour for once.

No comments: