hi

hi

Monday, February 8, 2010

twelve hour monday

Even though I spent the majority of the day sitting, I am really tired.

Existentialist Phenomenology:
Uhm. Another heavy day. I'm really digging this whole concept of only questioning reality when things go wrong. Also the whole only being able to perceive something through our perceptions, and the impossible inability to see someone beyond how we will take it in. It is a trippy block. "The real has to be described, not constructed or formed." Perception is the basis of knowledge. "Science operates according to a theory of reality in which there is a clear demarcation between interior and exterior but this isn't how things actually appear to us." Making meaning. Object subject. Everything is learned. Also apparently Seattle is the only place you can study if you want a degree in existentialist phenomenological therapy.

My to do list for the next two days is extensive, so I got right down to it.
Scan Fanny Drazier sketches? Check!
Assemble sketches into an 11x17 size file to print out? Check!
Print off remaining reading assignment? Check!
Finish digital illustration because I have to print it out and there isn't much time to print stuff out when you have class all day long and really the only time I have to do it is tomorrow, so I have to finish something that is due Thursday today? Check!

The last one was checked off at 5:30pm. 11am-5:30. In the library lab. Working. I ate two granola bars and an apple. Being stationary fights the hunger. Watched and listened to a ton of stuff. The time flew by.

After that, I powered over to Laughing Planet because I knew they had my favorite in: Mr. Green Jeans burrito. Totally vegetarian but still delicious. Edamame, sweet corn, black beans, pico de gallo, pepper jack I think, and it is all tasty! Also got a lemonade. Karen ordered some food and we chatted for a bit. Then I went back to the library.

Look up Guy Billout because I want to write about him. Check.
Find out Guy Billout has NOTHING AT ALL written about him outside of Illustration annuals.
Tear through books trying to find something to do with gardens that relates to reading. Get very tired. Decide on Tarsem for a part. Check.

My paper will focus of the idea of gardening as creating work using the land provided, as opposed to bringing in new content. I'll be using Tarsem's film The Fall as an example for its rich on scene location imagery. There is a lot of beauty already in this world. I need to find more artists though.

Tomorrows to do list:
Draw in The Figure
Expose my screens (three of them)
Talk to JP about printing
Buy paper
Announce yoga at student council
Go to library and look up more artists
Print! (screen printing and finals for illustration)
Possibly library it up some more
Go home and write paper and construct power point
Go to bed very late, but happy because I can sleep in till 10am!

KEEP NATALIE IN AMERICA!

No comments: