hi

hi

Monday, January 11, 2010

argyle & silver

Set my alarm so that I wouldn't roll out of bed at 1pm on accident. I ended up not finishing Gattaca last night and ended up watching Paranormal Activity with Katie. Really scary, but it didn't leave me so terrified for a long period of time. Very good at building tension.

Ate a slice of pizza for breakfast. Put on my cute new skirt with some tights and rode my bike to meet Jay at Coffee Time.

I arrived about two minutes before she did. Ordered up an italian soda and settled down. She came in wearing glasses, because apparently she has bad vision. We caught up and gossiped and gabbed for an hour and a half. Yesterday, when Jay called she said she had forgotten how I looked so we needed to get together. How nice is that? She showed me her new Jillian Tamaki art book. It was nice.

At about 3:30 we went to Cinema 21. We were the first to buy tickets for Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I bought a large popcorn, even though Jay didn't want any (it is only 3.50 at Cinema 21!). We sat in the lobby for a while, and before we entered to get seats, the concession guy offered to top off my popcorn again. What a kind fella.

The movie: Heath Ledger's character is introduced by having him hanging in a noose off a bridge. It is his final movie and he died during the production of it. To resolve this, Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, and Jude Law were brought in to represent him in the imagination land. It was sad to watch, but truly captured how great of an actor he was. The visuals, set design, costumes, and art direction were on par for any Gilliam movie. The story just meandered like some of his lesser works. So that wasn't as great as it could be, but still. Nice constructed sets. I like seeing that in a movie. Not sure if Jay enjoyed it. She was kind of quiet after, but she had never knowingly watched a Gilliam movie before.

We parted ways at Trader Joe's. I got my usual pasta and sauce, apples, bananas, Emergen-C, and chocolate. The chocolate was leftover holiday decorations. When I got back, I put them up around the apartment. It is all festive now.

My silver fossil necklace broke in Coffee Time. Thankfully I noticed I wasn't wearing it before we left for the movie. The chain broke right at the clasp. Don't know how I will fix it. It has a really nice chain so I don't want to replace it.

Watched House. Good episode. Ate more left over pizza. Now gunna watch another scary movie with Katie: Pandorum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have silver solder if you bring the chain home.