hi

hi

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

the (nose) runs

Woke up fine. Well no major cough or soreness. But my nose was drippy. I woke up at 5:20ish. Guess that is what happens when you go to bed at 9. Just sat in bed and read and went to shower at 6:30. Nose was still drippy. Super drippy. I left my toilet paper at home by accident and had to get through History of Laughter with just the paper from the bathroom. My nose is red and in horrible shape right now. Bleeh.

In class we finished the Galifianakis video and talked about it. Watched the Letterman confessional and we talked about the context. A lot of context.

Between classes I went to Safeway and dropped a twenty on antihistamine, ibuprofen, and tissue. It took forever to kick in, but from 1pm to right now I've been just barely snuffly. Booyah.

Printmaking was looking at artists' depictions of various Greek myths. Castiglione (or something) and the invention of stippling. Lots of Zeus and the ripple effect of him becoming that swan. It was fun. Important to recognize certain figures.

Ate half my delicious sandwich in the library. Had a small coughing fit that got a concerned look from this cute fella. I insured him I was fine and left to avoid leaving too many germs behind. Talked to Fawn, who showed me the ad she made with my black and white illustration. I'm getting a cool, hard Grant for my work for her. Booyah. I gave her the originals and all rights to use of them. I think that is fair.

Walked to Whole Foods with Daniel W. He cut his hand while working. It's got the cool dark stitches. Seems almost fitting considering his thesis is about Frankenstein. I'm starting to feel a little bit of warmth from my thesis creeping in. Finish my Junior year and then that's it. Sat on the loading docks and chatted to Sivonna. She is doing India for her illustration project.

Rest of printmaking was more of the same mythology. Our theme for our print collection has been locked down: pain & naked ladies. Because pain runs through most art through history, or naked ladies. Sometimes both or one causes the other. I think I'll do a silkscreen portrait of Nomi Malone from Showgirls.

Oh, I just remembered how to make that instant cinnamon toast spread. Cinnamon + sugar + shaking, put on toast. Mmmmm.

I missed a call at 11:06 (because I was in class) from the Goose Hollow front desk. They had my keys! Hurray! I rode home and collected them. I should make them a thank you card for being so helpful and following through like that. Maybe it would encourage them to do more of the same for other people.

Watched the Tuesday episode of So You Think You Can Dance. Nibbled on carrots (healthy eating!) and drank orange juice. Nibbled on pills to keep me not drippy.

Yoga was intense. A lot of hamstring work. I couldn't hold a lot of the lunges and my right foot started to cramp. It was rough, but it was probably better to do it than not do it. Keeping healthy. Exercise. Good eating habits. Lots of rest.

I finished my stage twos with so much time to spare. I'm still stuck between images, but I've figured out a composition a little more. Either a silk screen of Trobriand cricket players or a monotype of two Trobriand newlyweds (well they are holding the bowl of cooked yams that indicate they are wed). Finished it while watching the Wednesday episode of So You Think You Can Dance. I'm sad that the other Kasprzak brother got cut, but I see why. This new season is shaping up to be intense and awesome. Can't wait for top 20!

No comments: