hi

hi

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

dialects, covered up and not

James Marsters was on Lie To Me! And the latest episode of House featured Ramachandran's mirrorbox to aid the pain felt by people with phantom limbs. Way cool! Heroes wasn't good. But now Sylar's back. Yay.

Ate oatmeal for dinner. Not very filling. Need to get food. Actual food. Next time I visit home, I should bring my big suitcase and fill it up with food.

Yoga went quick. Lot of hip openers. Light on some of the lunges. Went pretty well. Fawn loved my illustrations. On Wednesday we will sort out the moneys. I agreed to do it before she mentioned she would pay me, hehe. I don't know what a good rate would be for two little illustrations. But she does have all the rights to them and can use them however she wants. That's something.

Allegory allegory. We have to write a 4-10 page allegorical story. I was thinking about swimming and how when it is gray, you can't tell when water becomes sky. Dunno what it would mean. We did some exercises and then I got a headache. And OH CRAP I TOTALLY FORGOT TO UPLOAD MY IMAGES, crud. I scanned them in and everything. I just got caught up with making sure the yoga stuff was 300dpi that I forgot to put the images on homeroom. Damnit. I'll see if I can get them up tomorrow. Email Daniella about it.

Fflur Dafydd came into class today. She is one of five visiting writers. If you couldn't tell, she is Welsh. She had a beautiful accent. She talked about her first English novel, Twenty Thousand Saints, and how it is rewritten from Welsh but when she was translating it she decided to change characters around and all that. It sounded very interesting and almost familiar. She even sang us a few songs and played a guitar as well. Very lovely Welsh lady.

Critique went better than I expected. Had some comments about layout, but that was about it. Some real nice comics were made. Nice rendering and etc etc.

I wore my new boots. Got some oos and aahhs from some of the gals. Fawn told me that sometimes stores on 23rd give their excess to William Temple House, and that is why sometimes you find great finds there. But I don't think these are at all new. Boots and my sparkly shirt. Thought I would get the week off to a fashionable start. I'm trying to wear the things I don't commonly wear. Break the tee shirt + sweater + jeans + Chucks/Romeos rhythm I got going. Clothes clothes clothes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to bring up your Tuna jars. Tuna Claus is coming to town.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Tuna Claus checking in

TC