hi

hi

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

cult of flair

There are care packages and then there are care packages. My latest was the latter. Two boxes of Pocky, two Choco Panda, two botan rice candy, three pasta box, two rice thingies, two peeps, three jars of tuna, potatoes, kitchen scrubber, cookies, chocolate, Tiger's Milk, and even more. The only thing it was missing was those fruit leather things. But still, a huge box of food goodness. Consumed half of the rice almond dish for dinner tonight. Mmm.

The narrative image critique was relatively harmless. Daniela gives us another week to work on stuff if we so desire. You know, time to include what we learned in critique and all that.

Lunch was a bagel. Looked at books. Talked to Josh and Jay a bit. Wrote up my analysis. Printed it out.

After lunch we got into two groups and read our allegory's out loud. Danny's rhymed. Kristen's was cheesy but fit perfectly. Bryan's was comic book dialogue and read in a way that he is always known for. Natalie's was recited at a mile a minute. Robyn's was a nice little tale of twins. The other group was full of giggles and guffaws and was very loud. We had to close the door.

The next assignment is about character construction. Mary, the other teacher when it comes to writing exercises, had us write character traits on sheets and pass them around till we had something really goofy. Then we had to write a day in the life of the one we got. Then we had to come up with our own one, if we wanted. Finally we took a personality test, to further put home how much needs to be considered in our personalities. Mine came up that I was neither totally neat or messy, artistic, low in patience and was a little bit mean and anxious. Err yeah.

Killed time on the Internet while waiting for 6:30 to roll around. Well before killing time I went to Office Max. Had to get a new reem of bristol paper. It's good to have a sturdy general drawing paper around. There is this type of pen put out by Paper Mate called Flair. Very specific. Danny and Bryan clued me into them. What they lack in nib refinement, they make up for with bleeding. Normally bleeding is bad, but these pens do it so evenly that you can do a line drawing and go back into them with a water brush and add fast ink washes with no clean up. Hurrah! They only came in 12 packs, so I think I'll give one to Diana now that she also has a waterbrush. I love getting new art toys.

I was quite successful at yoga today. Got into the lunges and all that. Today's class roster was: Miss Mona, Alise, Jenna, Kayla, and Ingrid. Thinking about adding some yoga manifesto to the project. There are a lot of mantras.

No rain. Made myself dinner and played with ink washes. Watched only House.

I felt really good about my appearance today. My hair was in a side part and braided at the nape of my neck, but only a couple twists of a braid. The hair that wasn't long enough to get caught in the braid hung in waves over the side of my face and my makeup was pretty superb. I felt really good. Long hair is nice but sometimes it gets so bushy.

No comments: