hi

hi

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

sun is out, along with the world wide web

The Internet is down at the Goose. I'm at school typing away.

Yesterday:

The Internet went down. So I watched a ton of Buffy! Finished season 4. Anya is awesome. Spike is cool. And all that.

Before that I went to PNCA for their summer Illustration thing. They were offering classes as sort of a partial makeup for not having the best class during the school year. I liked my school year class but I'm still taking this opportunity to learn more. The weather has maintained being wonderful.

I was the first to arrive. Robin showed up as did another girl who has a name that ALWAYS escapes me. She was in my Illustration class and still I can't recall. Anyway, the first section was spent discussing composition and color. We read from these books by Molly Bang and looked at a slideshow and analyzed compositions. I learned a lot. Now I just need to apply it.

We broke for an early and long lunch. I went to Safeway and picked up something to microwave and a box of strawberry milk. After I removed it from the microwave, I went to meet up with Robin in Jameson Square Park. She was lounging on the grass and I sat in the shade of a tree and at a scrumptious lunch. We talked about music and art and boys and religion and other light topics.

On the way back to school we ran into Michaela & Dom. Quick chat was exchanged and we parted.

The second part of class was spent with paste, scissors, and construction paper. We worked making a simple construction composition of the terror or being attacked by birds. We three did it on one page. Cut this and that apart. Pasted it. Turned out quite nice. I think we worked well together. Next we had to pick our own theme and individually create a cut and pasted composition. The others went with calm, I went with drowning. Mostly black with soft curves of waves and fabric with jagged limbs sticking out from the bottom of the frame. A little bit dark I guess. But it turned out swell. Heh. Our next project was assigned. I sketched out some ideas but I left a little early.

Returned to no Internet but lots of Buffy. And the comic adaptation of Paul Auster's City of Glass. I really enjoyed it. I dig stuff about the power of language. Can't wait to read the non pretty picture version of it.

Today:

Woke up. Terry said he would be at school at 1pm for a Buffy tradeoff. I returned City of Glass and checked out a new pile of stuff to keep me entertained. Put up a couple more Yoga posters. Ran into Dom. Terry and Nathalie were in the commons. Terry's friend Jeremy was with them. Nathalie got a job at the Gap. Good for her. Now she will get the awesome Gap discount and become like Karen and Myself (well less so me now that I don't work there anymore).

Hopefully the net will be back but if not, oh well.

Later Today (and sort of Yesterday if you are reading this tomorrow which would be considered today for you but not in the blog world):

Rode home with the sun beating down on me in full force. No Internet. It took a while to get it back. A while being 6 episodes of Buffy season 5. The way I got it to work was to follow Katie's advice to the letter. I was just following the gist of it and it didn't work. Boo on me. Oh well. I got it back. I read a little. Relaxed a lot.

We three walked to Baskin Robbins and got us some ice cream. Mmm.

I keep forgetting to mention but I got a care package from home. Not so much a care package as a "things I left behind". Sadly it did not include my Burts Bees pomegranate lip balm or my Marine Scene nail polish. DAD DO NOT USE MY LIP BALM!! Or my nail polish for that matter. I'll get it back in August.

Gabe made a communal platter of food for dinner. Rice, cabbage, garbanzo beans, and chicken all in a nice pile. Eat as much as you want, save the rest for later. Oh and he made nan. I should take pictures of his meals.

No comments: