hi

hi

Saturday, July 4, 2009

F.V.H.

I was almost out the door when Dad called. He and mom wanted to wish me a happy Fourth. It sounded like everyone was having a good time. It sucks how I rushed down to Portland because I thought a lot of things would happen when I got there. Now the things fell apart. Well, nice people are enjoying Pulali and all that.

Went to Thom's barbecue. That required going across the Hawthorne Bridge and up to 24th. Quite a bike ride for the likes of me. Very sunny. Very hot. I was sticky when I arrived.

Thom was the only person I knew at the barbecue. Also vegetarians and vegans shouldn't be allowed to use the word barbecue to describe putting their not-dogs on a grill. No one was a serious griller either. A lot of half efforts. I ate a couple no cruelty hot dogs and had a drink. No one really broke their clique to talk to me so I ended up mostly feebly conversing with Thom. Kevin and Erin were there briefly. Not the same Kevin I have mentioned. Another Kevin. I wasn't getting on well with the crowd. Way too hard to penetrate the tattooed vegan circles.

On the way back, I stopped on the west side of Hawthorne Bridge and bought a Popsicle from a bike ice cream lady. In Portland, instead of vans we have bicyclists. I used one of those lame Sacajawea coins and nibbled my rocket pop while listening to the Blues Fest.

I wimped out and took the Max back.

Then I sat about in my apartment drinking cool water and watching Angel. That show just isn't seeming to get better. Maybe when more characters are introduced? But they just dropped a character that I really liked! Lame.

Katie and Gabe and I lit off a couple fire works and watched the ones go down at PGE Park. They went out. I knocked on Robin and Diana's door and found the apartment to be full of Diana, Sharon, Melina, and Robin! Sharon...Shannon. Yeah I think it was Sharon. Diana's mum. We sat about. Robin and Diana played their ukuleles for us. I got a tarot card reading that I have half forgot in an hour but it made some sense as I was reading it. It was a nice little grouping to round off the evening.

I just want Monday to arrive so I can do yoga.

No comments: