hi

hi

Sunday, July 5, 2009

luchador, uhh I mean lucich

Katie and Gabe are so sweet. They invited me to a little family get together. Saying that because I couldn't be with my family for the fourth, they will just adopt me. Gabe's family specifically. One of his uncles, I think it was an uncle, lives in Hawaii. For three weeks he has traded places with someone else. So everyone got together in this wonderful house on the Willamette River. Sculpted garden, river access with a dock, covered patio, and a JETSKI!! Wa ha heeee!

Gabe's adorable grandparents were there. A couple uncles, one named Bret. Gabe's parents. His cousin Nick and his lady Lauren. And another couple I forget. A lot of names were passed around but I was unable to catch all of them. For a wee while we sat around drinking chilly beers and enjoying the sun. Then we went down to the dock and took turns on the jetski. Gabe's dad went. Nick and Lauren. Bret. Gabe and Katie.

I dived in and swam in the river for a while. Bret was the only other one to swim. I took the last ride before we stowed it. I hopped on with Brett and he gunned it. Jetskis are so fast. It doesn't seem so fast but with the wind and the water and the bump it is so much more intense. We hit boat wakes and jumped and bounced. I hollered, "Wheeee!!!!" and "Awessssommmme!!" and he went so so fast. Jetskis are a total blast. I want one! Too bad the balcony is too small to contain it. Boo.

With all the zipping around my stomach got jostled and I worked up quite an appetite. Salmon! Ribs! Macaroni salad! Brownies! Potato salad! No burgers but actual meat was served. Bret agreed that vegans shouldn't be allowed to call grilling barbecue.

Some guitar was played. Grandpa Lucich sung. Papa Lucich sang as well. Gabe Lucich did not sing. A nice moment. Reminded me of singing Christmas songs with the Pedersen clan. Katie was a bit shy. I don't think her family sings.

After a while Katie, Gabe and I went back down to the dock. They did the jetski thing. I did the dive in the water for one last chilly swim thing. It was nice to float and look at the clouds as they went by. It wasn't this crazy hot day but still warm. People kept commenting on the quality of the water but the public water parks are far more rank and nasty than any real river.

Changed into regular clothes and sipped a Dr Pepper and chatted with the folks about Pulali Point, wooden boats, and all that.

Gabe had a house warming to drop by for a second so we left a little early. I bid my goodbyes to the lovely family Lucich.

The house warming was in Gladstone. It was a little bit...different. Tons of people my age with kids. And beer pong in the back yard. Katie and I mainly loomed together and remarked about how not our scene it was. Gabe played a game of pool. The host, Gabe's friend, was cool. We saw only a little bit of him though. It was awkward and painfully obvious we were not having the greatest of times. We didn't stay long.

Gabe just made Katie a late meal. Slice of home made pizza + fried egg + brie + tomato + avocado.

I'm so tired. So much fun.

No comments: