hi

hi

Friday, July 10, 2009

Ruttered

Post number 777. Whooo!

Left the place at around 1:28 to make the trade off with Terry. I drew him a picture of Angel brooding in thanks for all the loans of awesome Buffy and Angel. Working on Angel season two. It is getting good. Even better when Angel sings or dances.

After that was a long slow relax till Flicks on the Bricks. Luna got grandfathered in. She is safe but the rule now is no pets at all. She was safe because Katie is a responsible pet owner. And Luna doesn't wreck the place.

Harmony Rutter, a friend from high school, has moved to Portland. She is living with her fiancee Peter. J couldn't make Flicks on the Bricks due to work conflicts so Harmony, Peter, and I planned to see the show together! A short burst of rain almost made me decide to stay at home but in the end I decided to risk the risk of dampness. I loaded my bike up with a blanket and pillow and went down to Pioneer Place Square. I arrived at 6:30 and much too early. 7:15-7:30 is ideal it would seem. Harmony and Peter took a long time coming. Jordan from school said a little hello and showed me the ukulele he made.

It is a small world sometimes. Harmony's roommate and his girlfriend were also in the audience for the movie and by complete random happenstance, they were not but two feet away from me. I didn't know this till Harmony and Peter showed up and were like, "woah, what a weird little thing to happen." Fun.

The movie projected onto the giant inflatable screen this Friday was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The one with the Holy Grail and Sean Connery. I grabbed a cheesesteak from the legendary cheesesteak man. No popcorn. I pitched in a Sacajawea for the ice cream run and received a ice cream sandwich for desert. Perfect! It was muggy with the occasional breeze and very fun. People clapped and cheered and we all had a good time.

Before anyone I knew showed up, there was this guy with a sign that stood in the square. The sign talked about God and how homeless people are thieves and that there are food kitchens just down the street. As if his sign wasn't clear enough, he started to preach about giving a dollar to a nun will buy three meals and how he was once a nice Jewish boy until he found Jesus. Then he had some words with a homeless man in the audience. Telling him how to save himself and stuff. The homeless man was just mad and wanted to be left alone with his free popcorn. Later the man preached to some kids and it was a little bit creepy. The homeless man and I exchanged glances at his behavior and I made a gesture to indicate I was on the side of Not Being a Jerk. You can't tell people they need help; people have to want help. Feh.

Anyway. Movie was fun but uncomfortable. More pillows next time! The next movie is Dirty Dancing. Then Jurassic Park and then Anchorman. Then it is a 1984 movie of our choosing. I voted for Ghostbusters.

No comments: