hi

hi

Monday, July 6, 2009

death rattle of a starling

I have not been sleeping well lately. Even if I get into bed at a respectable time (for the summer anyway). Very restless and I wake up far too early for my liking. Boo!

Gabe made hash browns and scrambled eggs. I was a member of the clean plate club!

I finished season five of Buffy. Yeah, it is getting weird like everyone said. Still, I am very much enjoying it. The episodes of Angel are hit and miss right now. Oh well.

Much cooler day. Still warm but not scorching hot. Talking to J. We are going to see Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade at the Flicks on the Bricks this Friday! Exciting.

Monday means YOGA! Went to school to print out the forms to reapply for the Goose apartment. Ran into Daniel (Williams, not Duford). He was looking as bearded as ever.

Yoga was once again down at Tanner Springs. This time I was on time. Only Serenity, Ruth, and the unnamed mystery lady were there. It was a wonderful session. I'm a little out of it but not too much. I'm feeling sore now but a good sore. I loved the poses where we looked to the sky and it was all wide and blue with perfect clouds. Some kids played in a little fountain behind us.

During a standing pose a hawk came out of the sky and snatched a little bird out of a tree and slammed it into the ground. The little bird cried and cried. The yoga crew, the fountain playing family, and others just stood and stared at the hawk. The hawk stared back. Eventually it moved its meal to the pavement and eventually flew away with it. It was not 10 feet away from us. Fearless.

Picked up some razors and hair ties from Safeway and took out some cash to put on my laundry card. I did three loads when I got back! One of them became unbalanced in the machine and broke it a little bit. I've seen it happen in that machine before so I don't think I broke broke it. It just didn't drain and spin. Too bad it had to be my comforter and blanket that sat for 30 minutes absorbing water. Gabe had to help me pull it out of the soapy water. As per his suggestion I ran it through another wash cycle. They both came out fine. Hurray!

Dinner was Shepard's pie. Chicken, potatoes, hand made crust with hand made bread to go with it. Totally awesome.

I was thinking about volunteering somewhere. Maybe PICA. Get in early on that TBA action.

No comments: