hi

hi

Saturday, May 30, 2009

way too much sun for seattle

Woke up at 8, got up at 8:40, and was clean and dressed by 9. Good thing I got an early start because I was informed that the Illustration Juried Show pieces are in a location possibly in danger of getting the ol’ End of Year Schoolwide Dumpster Drop. Mostly it is the classrooms and 3D building that get emptied. Anyway, yeah. Got my stuff together real quick. I was just out the door when I realized I was leaving an hour ahead of time and could probably bike to school and back and not have to deal with lugging my suitcase an extra mile and a half. Good thing too because it was hot out and even being in a light shirt dress and short pants got me over heating.

The pieces were not in the Illustration room. I checked the flat file drawers twice and looked all around but they were not there. Asked other people but no one had a clue. Vanishing juried show pieces! I just had to accept that if they get trashed today, they will. And hope they are hidden enough to survive a couple weeks. Maybe Jen will grab them. The security guy said that they probably won’t get trashed as it is mostly class rooms that are getting emptied and if they are tucked away. Hmm. I just had to accept it and leave because I couldn’t wait around any more minutes.

Power biked home, grabbed my suitcase and backpack and left! The street car was just a 3 minute wait. Perfect timing! A minute more at school would have forced me to walk all the way down to Glisan. Just to street car and from there to the train had me way too sweaty. Bleh. Checked my bag, got some Gatorade, and waited with plenty of time. Better to rush and find you have too much then to rush and keep rushing till you sit down. I don’t do well with sudden compacted stress. Now I am waiting for the train to start so I can go to the dining cart and get an almost proper meal.

The order of the streets in the Alphabetic District, as best as I can remember them:
Ankeny
Burnside
Couch
Davis
Everett
Flanders
Glisan
Hoyt
Irving
Johnson
Kearney
Lovejoy
Marshall
Northrupp
Overton
Pettygrove
Quincy
Raleigh
S?
Thurman
U?
Vaughn
WXYZ?

The hotdog and chocolate milk are sitting quite well in my stomach. At first I was a little queasy, probably because I skipped breakfast and then had to do all these errands. But now, mmm delicious. Watching Forrest Gump and enjoying the ride.



Got to Seattle safe and sound! The 73 was right there when I got to the express tunnel. It didn’t get quite packed but still I made sure that I wasn’t one of those jerks who set their bags next to them to avoid human interaction.

Chris Peeler and I planned to get together for a little bit. He arrived in the U District about 10 minutes after I did. I dropped my bags off at Llyw’s and walked up 43rd and there was my old friend looking all college like in his plaid shirt. We had iced beverages at Sureshot (which advertised air conditioning in the window) then ice cream at Hagen Daz. I had the caramel cone flavor. It was delicious. Gave Chris a copy of my comic and a Lucky Luna and walked him to his bus stop.

Llyw and I went out for Pho. I had the kind with beef. Very delicious. It was a really beautiful night; still warm from the high 80’s sun but not sweaty heat. I wore my new shirt dress I got on my shopping expedition with Karen a week ago. Llyw is going to Ireland for a month and a half! It is through his job and all that. Way cool. Wish I could tag along but I have, ya know, art and stuff to do.

No comments: