hi

hi

Sunday, May 24, 2009

almost like a cliche afternoon

I had a cup of tea very late last night and couldn't get a good wink of sleep. Argh! Oh well. Just read from my Encyclopedia of Death and watched bits of the sunset. It was pretty.

Oatmeal and tea for breakfast. Mmm.

Jen and I got together to watch The Brothers Bloom, the new movie by Rian Johnson (he directed Brick). It was the early showing. A brilliant beautiful day. Almost hate to waste a part of it inside, but hey I got to see it for free with a groovy chick so yay.

Brothers Bloom was as good as I expected it to be and even better. When it was delightful, it was perfectly so and when it was serious it carried that well. It had the right blend of characters and reality while suspending disbelief. A lovely little romance story. It is about two con men brothers, Stephen and Bloom (Mark Ruffalo and Adrien Brody, respectively) who plan one last con on this rich shut in (Rachel Weisz). They travel the globe and have an adventure with their silent Japanese demolitions expert. It was really nice. Highly enjoyable but not fluffer. The color was nice, the costumes were impeccable. I just want to watch it again!

When I walked back along the park blocks I saw:
Three young boys skateboarding and one of them was working up the courage to skate down some stairs.
A small group of outdoor yoga enthusiasts.
Lots of chalk art.
"Capitalism allows creative freedom" written in chalk.
Old folks taking a slow meander.
Young folks playing guitars.
People staring at the clouds from a spot on the grass.

It was all very serene.

Then I ate a bunch of ice cream! Yay!

Rested a little and then went to check out the BFA/MFA Thesis show. It was crowded and I was anxious from almost the first minute being there. Lots of people drinking free wine and mingling in nice clothes. I just sweated and had a hard time focusing and didn't really want to talk to anyone. Lots of neat work, lots of confusing conceptual stuff, and of course a few, "Lookitme I'm breaking the barriers of sexual identity!" things. It was far too crowded to properly enjoy. So I got outta there (talked to Jon and Jim a little) and rode home as fast as I could.

Talked to mom who has some bread from San Fransisco that she is going to eat all by herself in Seabeck! Someone, quick, visit her!

Watched No Heroics, a show Colin suggested. Real life lazy super hero type show. British people, the Nathan Barley crew.

So tired. Time for night night.

No comments: