hi

hi

Thursday, May 28, 2009

swears and mad stacks of comics


Final round of screenprinting!

Cherish was in the studio with visiting family members. She was doing a print for them based after pictures that the kids drew. A nice little bunch. The design was cool. A little array of kids drawings and adults work.

When I was returning the emulsion to the fridge, I dropped it! It didn't tip but there was a long drop of it that went into the screens. Could have had more that spilled. Just a half cup. It mostly sprayed on the edges and I was quick to wipe it up and wipe it off. When I dropped it, I said a bad word. I don't think the kids were old enough to catch it (and it was more of a cry then a full swear).

One of my screens got water on the emulsion before it had dried so I had to do that one later.

Used a nice blue to do the back cover. No loss of comics there. I didn't loose any with the cover. Enlarged a different panel and made a new design. The copier and computer room is open in the library, just a different set of doors is open.

While I was waiting for the second screen to dry, I used drawing fluid and created a poster for free Yoga on my other screen. A long design to go on these scraps I found. Could have been neater but it does stand out as handmade. I printed the posters while waiting for Matt to show up. Got the covers done in what seemed like record time. Printed so many of the Yoga fliers. I'll put more up when I come back to Portland.

I have 82 total comics to sell once again! Hurray! 82 comics x 8 different images needing to be printer = 656 pulls. Probably closer to 700 based on number of prints that didn't work out.

When Matt showed, I cleaned my screen. I was just giving him a little screen demo. He is borrowing mine for a little bit while I'm out of town and needed to be refreshed on wear and care. Or something. Anyway, he bought me Quizno's in exchange for the brief screen loan. Whoo!

Rode home. I inflated my tires last night so my baby is like a dream again. Packing my suitcase. I'm not bringing my whole portfolio up. Next time, when I am up in August I will bring my work. I do have some comics stowed away for people with $2.

Tomorrow I take the train up to Seattle. Supposed to be in the 80's. Nice!

No comments: