hi

hi

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

two projects left

I ate a huge bowl of spaghetti like 2 hours ago and now my stomach is grumbling. No fair!

Math was a quiz in group theory to show us just how little we really got it. Then it was question and answer time about the cube. I was golden but I stuck around.

I redid the transfer for my silkscreen. I taped it together before I applied the oil to make the paper transparent. It worked! The only strange part is barely noticeable. Did the emulsion and exposing part and then it was the last student council.

Elections! Nathan came in as mediator, Carlson is the events promoter, and a couple other people. Karen is club coordinator now. Hurrah! I hoped someone would take it over. It is nice being a part of school but I'm not really an organizer type. Karen would be better suited for it.

Just lolled about till class. Helped Karen with her printing. Well half got in her way, half helped haul around her massive screen.

My critique went well. Minor suggestions were given about making the background hazy and not so textured. Everyone seemed really impressed. Well the people that payed attention did. But it's cool, it is hard enough to keep focus in critiques when there isn't a computer in front of you.

Then I printed! And it went fairly well. Took a while to get the stripes to line up with the image. After I printed my edition I printed up about 35 Lucky Luna posters, which are just the image of Luna on newsprint. Wanted to use up the ink. It worked out well. I don't think it is that remarkable of an image but only critique will tell.

Had a huge bowl of spaghetti and sauce for dinner. Nikki stopped by with pizza to share with Katie. She is due to pop her baby out in a month! And Karen is an aunt now! Babies everywhere!

Watched Life Aquatic. So sad, it gets me every time but such a wonderful movie.

The drunks are outside being insanely loud. A car was honking and they were hollering.

I feel that I should write more but after nearly 2 years of mostly daily writing, it is getting tough to get all the details out of a day that is pretty close to other ones I've had. Do you want more explanation of the screenprinting process? More about how I approach art? My theories? My ideas? Gossip?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog just the way it is. Dinnae fesh yersel. ~lp

Anonymous said...

To answer your question - only write what you are comfortable writing about and want to log as events for the day. You have an interesting lifestyle and lots of acquaintences. Don't fuss yourself - No worries mate, she'll be right. We like seeing your work - how about the Luna thing?

JS