hi

hi

Monday, May 4, 2009

lunch with a boy, again

Look at that, it isn't even 12:30am and I'm blogging to say I got my stuff done!

I did five color studies of the shifting light. I didn't do exactly the correct times but I really learned. Each one is different because I didn't get really good shots of the same thing. The assignment was to take a picture of the same thing at 5 different times of the day and do color studies with 12 colors of the shifting light. I did 10am, noon, 2pm, 4pm, and 8pm. We had to do 6am and I thought I took that picture but I couldn't find it. Anyway. Watercolored those up! Took about an hour for each one but I'm fairly happy. Then we had to come up with an image with the thought of "waking up" based on a theme in our photos. Mine had a jade plant so I'm doing a little scene similar to my four color woodblock. Sort of the same angle but with a lady and soft colors.

Today I had another lunch date! Lunch appointment? Uhh. Travis from AI's comic club met me at Stumptown and gave me his card and we decided to meet up for a little late afternoon nosh. We planned on Ole Ole but guess what, I forgot they were closed on Sunday! So we went to a PSU area McMennamin's. I had a milk shake. Jen surprised us and sat next to me and said a quick hello. I'd been caught! With an Art Institute kid! Egads! Nah, it was totally cool. We talked about comics and the differences in school and time based arts and lots of stuff. I showed off my cube solving skills. Well sort of. I got all jumbled when it called for me to perform. It was just a little hour or so long thing. I had homework, he had stuff to assist with, so we parted ways with an agreement to maybe see Spike and Mike's animation festival later on in the week.

Then I did my homework!

Gabe made chicken soup with potatoes. Mmmm. They watched Let the Right One In, a vampire movie I saw months ago with Jen. I took breaks from my painting and watched as well.

No comments: