hi

hi

Saturday, May 2, 2009

five minute monsoon

In honor of my 700th blog post, I did absolutely nothing today! Okay, I did nothing because I just couldn't get up to doing nothing. So used to be slack that I can't unslack myself.

Forgot to mention that yesterday, Katie, Gabe and I went to Goodwill. Katie needed some stuff for a project. We were also going to go to a military surplus store but we spent too much time in Goodwill so that didn't happen. I found this great green corduroy jacket and a gray tiered with a tie to cinch it tank. Took forever to get a dressing room. Seriously, it is Goodwill. You only have to decide if it 1:fits, 2:doesn't have any stains or serious holes, 3:looks a little bit decent. Even then, 3 isn't really needed.

I got into the Illustration Juried Show!! My silkscreen Katie With Jade Plants was the only one of three to get in, which I'm fine with as the other two were digital and would have required that I find a way to print them out all nice like.

It took a long while to get out of bed. It was warm and all that.

I met up with Jason for a lunch date of sorts. It was misting a light rain but we still walked. A little rain never harmed anyone. We met at my place and walked down into the depths of the Pearl District to go to the Tea Zone. I had a black forest ham and cheddar panini and he had the vegetarian panini, it looked good. We shared a pot of green tea. I showed him how awesome I was at solving my Rubik's cube but I forgot a turn in the final step and screwed the whole thing up. Whoops. It was a nice long lunch.

When we went to leave we were met with a helluva sudden storm. We and the other patrons and staff just stood in awe. The door banged and one of the outside chairs was swept away. The rain poured in a violent horizontal and no one could be seen outside. A block away was absorbed in gray. It was really amazing. For about five minutes we chatted with the staff about thunderstorms. Jason bought some loose leaf green tea. It eventually diminished to a soft rain so we ventured over to Oblation so he could pick up a card for his friend's birthday. It had stopped by the time we left to return to the Goose Hollow area. We parted ways as he had a semi surprise party to get to and I had the alleged homework to do.

Which I didn't. I'll do it, no problem. You guys know me well. I think my semesters worth of panic was spent on the comic so right now I have none for my other projects.

Gabe and Katie have been gone for most of the day. Around 9pm it hit me that I'll actually have to cook for myself. Pasta and sauce it was then!

I'm just powering through Bangkok Haunts. Though right now it is reaching its grand finale and the book is leaving me feeling disturbed so I had to put it away. It feels good to read.

I responded to Rustin's email about an internship at his printing press this summer. Hopefully that goes well.

So I didn't actually do nothing today. Just nothing of the stuff that is due Monday or Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the internship possiblility. There is a nice part in the sad movie "Seven Pounds" where one of the characters is a printer and has some antique printing presses. It reminded me of Oblation. love ya, hunn...mummy