hi

hi

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

no more play, I mean it!

I've been into my Easter candy. Almost done. I got a package of the good stuff from Grandma and Grandpa on the Saturday of Stumptown so in the whirlwind of that weekend, I forgot to mention it. It was awesome! I like candy!

Slept in, but not for long. Arrived at school at around 11:30 and found out that some of the receipts for comic club have gotten lost in transit. Trying to sort that out.

It was sandwich day so I grabbed one and a couple cookies and sat with Nathalie. BT, Thom, Chelsey, Karen, and Jen also sat at our table. We ate a good, solid meal and decided to go see the children's book illustration lecture.

Deborah Hopkinson has written many historical fiction books and she talked about working with illustrators and how to get into the business (a little bit). It was a nice little starter lecture, I hope they bring in more illustrators to school.

I didn't see any thesis today, I just worked on stuff. From 2:00 to 5:30 I was in room 110 and just worked on my digital piece. Got a good chunk of the drawing done. Need to think about background and coloring but the focal point is nearing completion so yeah. I like working digitally because I can post, with greater ease, more of my process work.

After digital, I went to silk screen once the studio was open for pressure washing. With Diana's encouragement, I printed two of the stripes! Now I just have the last one, hurray! It looks interesting. The last layer is sort of make or break. I will think more about placement because it might look better with the cat away from the stripes. Hmmn.

Around 8 I departed and arrived home to an empty nest. Made up some rice and settled in. When they came back, we tried to watch Zoolander but it was too scratched so we watched Ghostbusters 2 instead. Relaxing evening. I have some illustration stuff but the photos need to be taken when I'm home and I've been gone. Uhm. Well that will be a busy weekend I guess. Oh well. I'm ahead in printing, at good pace in digital, and am a whiz at the cube.

No comments: