hi

hi

Sunday, April 5, 2009

blog post #666

Friday:
Got up bright and early and stuffed my weekend things into my Trader Joe's bag and set out at 1:00am to catch a 2:50 train. Very early set out. Stopped by Plaid Pantry and got some snackums for the train ride. It was sunny and I got very warm very quick. Picked up a hotdog at the station and chilled. There was a slight freakout when I heard a train was having problems but it was only the one that was Southbound. Got into my window seat and set out on time with no problems. Hurray! Read Graveyard Book and thumbnailed my script and did lots of fun things to spend the time.

Llyw was waiting with Meiji and Pocari Sweat(a drink, it is good and not sweaty at all) and all was good. It was a bright, beautiful day and the weekend kept shining. We dropped our things off and lounged about. Dinner was tacos handmade from stuff bought from the nearby Safeway. College kids, not art school kids, are so different looking. And they buy a lot of cheap beer. We nibbled on food and watched The Illusionist and eventually went to sleep.

Saturday:
Another beautiful day. Breakfast was quesedilla and eggs scrambled with last nights leftover taco meat. We had a later snack of Bubble Tea. I shook mine up and the plastic cracked and spilled green stuff all over my lap and shirt. Hoping to find a replacement shirt, we went to Buffalo Exchange. I did not find a shirt but did find a great deal on a sweater (50% off because the season is ending)and suspenders. The shirt and pants dried with no stain so that was fortunate.

Big Fish Games, the company Llyw works for, was having an office party. They were going to have it during Christmas time but the weather called a halt to that. We arrived fashionably lateish. I was in my floral velvet dress and tights and the only heels I can pretend to walk in. I checked my jacket and Llyw held onto my ID. But I wasn't carded anyway. Amazing the trust that exists in Seattle. Met a wide variety of nice and cool looking coworkers. Started things with a Long Island Iced Tea to speed away the awkward-being-in-a-huge-unfamiliar-group feeling. And it zoomed away. It wasn't that well made though. Anyway. Met more people down in the concert area. Rockaroke was scheduled. It is Karaoke with a live band backing the singer. A lot of people were very good (or the music was very loud and I was a little bit tipsy). Llyw performed Tainted Love. There was Buddy Holly and Rock and Roll and a ton of other things. Some prizes were given away by the fairly inebriated CEO (who wore slacks that were way too baggy and made him look very stunted and short).

It was very fun and we stayed all the way through. Then at the end Llyw checked his pockets and oh no, my ID had gone missing! We checked all the areas he had been, checked the coat check and the bar and all around multiple times and it was nowhere to be seen. Fortunately I have my passport. Hopefully it will show up in the next couple days. If not, I'll have to make another trip to Vancouver and get another one made up. Major bummer. So that put a damper on the rest of the night.

Sunday:
Last day. Brilliant day. Insanely sunny and warm day. 77 degrees out! What the hell? No word about the ID. We had orange rolls for breakfast and walked over to Trabant and had Italian sodas and played Mancala. Then we took a lengthy walk down to the water and all about while I sweated and wanted fish and chips. None were to be had because we caught the 4:28 bus downtown and ended up in the International District at 5 and I had to board right away. The lady in front of me had a Sandman sleeve tattoo and a Hellboy sleeve on the other arm. They were really well done.

The ride was uneventful but it went quick. I took a nap and read and ate another Hot Dog. Missed one Max but only had to wait five minutes for the next. It was a warm night and very quiet with no crazy people to be had. Now I'm back. The weekend went by so fast. Now it is time to work again.

I must admit, it was nice to take a break from the writing thing, even though I know how much you all enjoy it and look forward to it (you all being my family mostly).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a fun time up in Seattle. Too bad about your ID, maybe it will show up - Seabeck address?

JS