hi

hi

Monday, April 6, 2009

it ain't sweet tasting, I tell you what

16 panels penciled in two hours. Pretty good for a late start. I also ran out of thumbnails. Which means my goal during the break tomorrow is to print the assignment for Digital and thumbnail the rest of my script. I don't want to ink till I have all the pencils done. Just so I can do them all at once and build up a good pace, you know? It takes longer to work up the nerve to work than it does to get things done.

BEAUTIFUL DAY! Holy cow. Sunny and warm. I dressed for the weather and was quite satisfied. Lightweight pants just below the knee and a tee. I was pretty chill.

Illustration was another round of critiques with the more finalized sketches. It dragged a little but there were some cool middle work. I guess spending more time in this stage is better because once you are finished, you are finished. This is the point at which you can help people to make a pretty piece of art.

For lunch I got a drink and a lean cuisine. A not quite filling lunch but more affordable. Madeline and I crashed in the library and played with these design blocks. It was fun but it went quick.

During class we just worked on our flyers for Zachary Baldus' assignment. I settled on a Bad Taste Costume Party. So I drew three people in costume posing for a photo. It could have been in worse bad taste but as is, I got some good laughs and entertained my crew. Which is good. I drew a freckled dude dressed as Hitler with an arm around a smoking, drinking pregnant lady and Jon Benet Ramsey. Baldus loved it, even if JBR didn't read quite so well at first (it is hard when people are dressed up). I should have drawn the "pregnant" ladies' pillow under her shirt sticking out. Anyway, it was fun if a little in bad taste (but that was the theme). There were some groovy things and some unfinished things. Robin's cake decorating party was rendered insanely good. Trusty Ticonderoga. It was a fun class, aided by the fact that we had air conditioning available to us.

I went home to work on the comic. Took a while to get to it, but I did. Gabe made tacos.

No comments: