hi

hi

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

this post is dedicated to Kody

Nonstop day stage 1:
Comic meeting! Lacey had a test print. It looks fabulous. She got her stuff so done on schedule and all that. Amazing. I am going to try for a broad sheet fold. I will need my comic to be done THIS WEEKEND. AHHH!!! I have three solid days to just work work work. I still think I can.

Nonstop day stage 2:
Printmaking critique! Mine went really well. Only one complaint about the color and that was resolved when I pinned up the print on the other paper. I felt really good and satisfied that it was so well received. Other pieces were more problematic in terms of color choices and composition. I wish the critique chairs were more on the comfy side. I squirm a lot in the metal ones. It has been a fun class and we were assigned our final project. Four colors, edition of five. Next class I will be working on my comic, if I didn't have two screens to use I might be worried that I might fall behind. With two I can get two colors set up to print so I'm not waiting for one screen to dry all the time. Rock on! The critique was split between lunch, as usual. Everyone was fairly nice. I wish I was a little more gutsy in saying things but I'm not sure how they would take it. Oh well. Yoshi gave us more demos about using a transfer and removing the emulsion.

Nonstop day stage 3:
Lunch! Okay lunch was a nice break. Lean Cuisine and a root beer. Sat with Robin and Natalie but they were studying and gave Madeline and I looks every time we talked so we moved. I'm sorry but I asked if we could sit and you said okay and then you get mad that we talk? Just say "only if you don't talk because we are busy studying" and that will be fine. So we moved to the couch and took it easy but some people totally joined them and they didn't ask them to leave! Probably in their class. I'm assuming because otherwise it would just be mean.

Nonstop day stage 4:
Figuring out my schedule! I figured that it is all screwed up. Most of my first choices for History and Social Science Seminar are stuck on Wednesday, which Martin French's studio is scheduled for. I have no idea what to take now. It is a weird mess and hard to find things that will work. Might retake the second part of illustration painting. Might take art since 1945. Might take theory and practice. Who knows. It is a mess and nothing really fits.

Nonstop day stage 5:
Yoga! We did lots of high energy, major warming, and back bending postures. We worked on Camel against the wall and it really pushed our limit. I'm drinking lots of water.

Nonstop day stage 6:
Crop circle construction! Karen rolled in with two 60 pound bags of sand at 8:30 and we got to it. The construction itself only took about 20 minutes. Filling some of the shapes in with sand took nearly two hours. Lots of packing and flattening and all that. I'll post pictures. It looks really good. It represents the Pacific Northwest sun cycles. Kody, awesome Kody, made us a massive sandwich to share! It had meat and all sorts of things. It was delicious and just what we needed. Kody rules. I left school at around 10:30pm today. I arrived at 9:45am to put up Illustration Drawing Club posters.

Nonstop day stage 7:
Had to stay up and write a damned paper about the crop circle. I'M SO TIRED! I'M GOING TO BED NOW!

No comments: